PDA

View Full Version : Crusading difficulties

AJ
09-19-2002, 03:16
I didn't feel like looking through all the topics, so I'm gonna post this. Tell me if something like this has happened to you:

I was playing as the Spanish. I destroyed the Almohads, and was at war with the Egyptians. I decided to send a crusade their way. The Pope approved it, and it started in Castille and it's objective was Rum I belive.

The army made it's way through North Africa, but once it got to Syria it would not move. I could not get to Rum no matter how much I tried. Tripoli, Edessa, and most of the surrounding provinces were mine, so the enemy wasn't blocking my way. But the Crusaders could not get to Rum. In fact, they couldn't even leave Syria. I eventually disbanded them because they were useless. Same thing happened when I had a Crusade originate in Algeria. What's up with that? I suppose I should have skipped Syria with my second army, but I forgot. Either way, this shouldn't be happening.

Kraxis
09-19-2002, 03:32
Well I once sent a Crusade to Palestine from Wessex, I too ended up in Syria, which was strange as it is to the east of Palestine. If I had moved the Crusade myself I'm sure I could have shaved off one or two provinces.

------------------
BTW, Danish Crusades are true to history.

You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

AJ
09-19-2002, 03:34
It seems like I HAVE to move the Crusade myself, or it won't go anywhere. Must be my imagination though.

Kraxis
09-19-2002, 03:46
Yes, you HAVE to move it... how did you get it to Syria without moving it?

------------------

AJ
09-19-2002, 03:59
I thought you said you didn't move yours. I moved mine. I just wouldn't go anywhere after it got to Syria, and that pissed me off. Maybe it's a bug or something.

Kraxis
09-19-2002, 04:08
Well you get forced to move a certain direction, only a few if more than one province are highlighted as acceptable targets.

------------------

AJ
09-19-2002, 04:19
But the whole point is, I'm trying to get to Rum, but I'm stuck in Syria. I cannot move to any other province, no matter what I do. Why is that? There's nothing blocking me.