PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Begining Factions

Voivode of Romania
12-25-2007, 05:22
I've reinstalled M2TW, and am playing the Grand Campain. I can only choose 5 factions to start off as, and have to beat 1 of them to play as the other factions. Is there a shortcut or something I can do to skip beating one of the campains?

Hoplite7
12-25-2007, 08:12
This is copy-pasted from the guides to factions. It's taken from Russian faction guide but works for all factions.

Russia needs to be unlocked before you can play as them. To do this you can either complete a campaign (on any difficutly, long or short setting) with one of the five starting factions, or you can edit the preferences file. To do this open your Sega/M2TW folder/data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign, find the file called "descr_strat" and open it with wordpad. Now find the section which says
campaign imperial_campaign
playable
england
france
hre
spain
venice
end
unlockable
sicily
milan
scotland
byzantium
russia
moors
turks
egypt
denmark
portugal
poland
hungary
end
nonplayable
papal_states
aztecs
mongols
timurids
slave
end

Change it so it reads

campaign imperial_campaign
playable
england
france
hre
spain
venice
sicily
milan
scotland
byzantium
russia
moors
turks
egypt
denmark
portugal
poland
hungary
end
nonplayable
papal_states
aztecs
mongols
timurids
slave
end

Paradox
12-25-2007, 10:13
Is it possible to edit the desc_strat file so you can play as the Mongols or Aztecs?

Hoplite7
12-25-2007, 13:01
Is it possible to edit the desc_strat file so you can play as the Mongols or Aztecs?

There's a very tricky way of doing it with the ingame console, but I forget how. Try searching "Mongol" for the thread, it has Mongol in the title.

Although playing as the Aztecs was totally buggy and you can't do anything, because they have no ships.

FactionHeir
12-25-2007, 13:03
There is an aztec mod out there. Not sure if its 1.2/1.3 compatible though.

As for the Mongol thread, Epistolary Richard created it. That should narrow it down a lot.