PDA

View Full Version : Bored, need some opinion on campaign.

Telys
12-26-2007, 15:59
Ok, im afraid of getting bored with a campaign I started. So I need some advice on what i should do next to keep it interesting.

Here's the layout. I'm the greek cities. I control greece up too bylazora, italy up too arretium and arminum,salona, messana and syracuse on sicily, and finally rhodes and pergamum. Macedon, Brutii, SPQR are dead. I'm at war with gaul, and the seleucids. I have the julii as protectorates, and the scipii are neutral cause of this. scipii have lilybaeum and caralis. julii have northern italy. gaul has the settlements to the east of the julii, only two i think. thrace is north of greece. pontus has spread to byzantium, the seleucids have southern asia minor to babylonia. Now the julii are providing a buffer from gaul, so im not worried about them, and i dont think ill expand into gaul yet. Thrace is a possible threat along with pontus. seleucids have been bugging the hell out of me with their navy, they wont fight on land. egypt has stayed in egypt mostly, and africa is controlled by carthage.

Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks.

mrdun
12-26-2007, 17:11
Take the fight to the Seleucids, take Asia Minor.
After this I suggest taking wealthy Spain and finishishing your campaign against Carthage or whoever is controlling N. Africa

vegetable
12-26-2007, 19:11
Sail to Alexandria and open another battlefront. Egypt have some decent units that put up a good fight.

professorspatula
12-26-2007, 19:38
If you've become a powerhouse and there's nothing much happening that concerns/interests you, it's time to send out an expedition force to elsewhere. Take a general, and an army to command, a spy, maybe some assassins and a diplomat and send the force faraway to a neutral/friendly faction under threat. Do whatever you can to gain an alliance and military access and have the army fight on behalf of the other faction. Set up some forts, hire mercenaries and see how long you can keep your army going away from home. It's quite fun at times. It gives you something to do when your borders are otherwise safe and you can't be bothered to conquer new lands. Don't forget to send in reinforcements to relieve the survivors after a 10 year stint. Best of luck.