PDA

View Full Version : Problems Running MTW 2

Leftenant Moley
12-26-2007, 22:05
Hi,

Im having problems running MTW 2 (and any 3d game like C&C 3 , Wow). Each time in a battle it would crash at random times with no error message(other games can have polygons shooting out across the screen). I also get what looks like out of place pixcels on the screen at all times. At first i though it was the GPU but i have ran a 3dmark test. And on the graphic test it managed about 20 fps but on the CPU test it barley managed 1fps. I have done a reformat but dont think its help any (still to run the test again though). Any ideas?

my spec is

gigabyte 965p-ds3
Core 2 duo E6400
2 gig ram
nvidia 7900 gt
80 gig hard drive

Leftenant Moley
12-26-2007, 22:42
ok slighty less scorces on the 3dmark test after reformat gpu test fps was 15-20 and, the cpu test was 0fps and decided to abort at that one.

Leftenant Moley
12-31-2007, 13:44
Did another 3d mark test but with temp logger and under full load the3 GPU goes up to 60oC, 70oC Tops so don’t thinks its a heat problem. The performance of the GPU disk and mem were well below half but the performance of the CPU maxed out, again the test show about 15-30 fps on the graphics test on 0fps on the cpu test.

So do you think there is something wrong with the CPU? May be one of the cores are not functioning properly? How do I test that? Also the fan for the CPU is spinning.