PDA

View Full Version : Reintroducing first cohortes.

Temistokles
12-28-2007, 14:22
I've tested first cohort mini mod, and it's great. But I would like to mantain praetorian cavalry.

But I still need the aquilifer.

My point is: considering that the limit for DMB is already reached do you think that I can erase from DMB some units, maybe factional units of destroyed factions in my campaign ? Once erased from DMB have I to correct the EDU and EDB files, and if not do I risk a CTD ?

For example: in may campaign Carthaginians have been destroyed, so I was thinking to cancel maybe sacred band unit.

What do you think ?
Thank you

overweightninja
12-28-2007, 23:38
Yes if its purely that the unit limit has been reached deleting another redundant unit will free up the space. That unit cannot already be present anywhere in your game though.
As for which exact files you need to edit to make sure you've caught everything, what you've written seems okay but I'm only guessing really so wait for a more informed answer on that part :p
Cheers

TWFanatic
12-29-2007, 00:12
Just remove the SB entries from the EDU, EDB, DMB, and descr_text files and add the praet cav entries back and you should be good to go. Just be sure to place them under the correct MIC building.

iberus_generalis
12-29-2007, 21:26
the simpler way to put up to 330 models in DMB is to run EB with Alex.exe..... it did it for me=) now i have 30+ new units from other mods, and still have space for a lot more=)))))

TWFanatic
12-29-2007, 21:29
Woah! A modders dream. I'm going to check the Alexander expansion threads out to see the benefits of running EB on it.