PDA

View Full Version : Observation - Scottish Age SNAFU

ColIndyJackson
01-15-2008, 20:34
Gents:

Greetings from cold and frosty Canada!!! I hope this finds you and yours well. As for me, I could complain...yadda, yadda, yadda.

This is just a little heads up for all people playing as SCOTLAND in the Britannia Campaign. Have you noticed there's a slight error in the ages of[SPOIL]BOTH THE KING AND FACTION HEIR? King Alexander is now the sprightly age of 18 whilst his son, Patrick, is now hitting the age of 46. I don't want to put too fine a point on this, but this would mean that Alexander would have to start fathering kids whilst still in the womb, which we know is a biological impossibility.

Any thoughts out there?

Live long and prosper, take care and thank you kindly!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

Quillan
01-15-2008, 22:22
He's a sorcerer, and has stolen the youth of his subjects! BURN HIM!

CountMRVHS
01-16-2008, 00:09
Guess I didn't notice that -- probably because the Family Tree feature for the Scots is BROKEN! :no: At game start Alexander is alone on the family tree, despite the presence of several other family members. Makes it a bit harder to manage your family tree!

Seabourch
01-16-2008, 11:51
Weird... as long it doesn't gameplay, ignore it.

_Tristan_
01-16-2008, 11:57
Same thing happens with KoJ in the Crusade Game where Baldwin is 16 at the start and his heir Guy is over 20 (can't remember exactly)...

What could justify this is the fact that the heir is not necessarily the son, which in fact it isn't in the KoJ, Baldwin and Guy being on the same branch of the family tree and Guy on the left most side...

What I did is consider that he was an uncle or illegitimate brother (so denied the crown until Baldwin died...)...

I don't know how the Scottish tree turns out but it might be something of the kind...

Yaropolk
01-16-2008, 21:56
indeed guy is baldwin's brother in law

ReiseReise
01-17-2008, 13:00
There was a succession crisis in Scotland after the reign of Alexander III. He had no surviving sons and his daughter had only a daughter before dying herself. The recognized monarch was Alexanders granddaughter, Margaret, herself the daughter of the King of Norway, but she died while en route to Scotland to be crowned.

read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_of_scotland

it is complicated but the point is that the ruling house was wiped out after Alexander died, so I'd say Patrick is the start of a new house and thus has no connection to Alexander. Historically, the successor was named John so no connection there.

Uunts - a proud Estonian rebel
01-23-2008, 10:48
I guess the older sons are adopted.. =) Actually is there any law for adopting older kids? =)