PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms: Americas Campaign - My First M2TW on VH/VH

Veho Nex
01-18-2008, 04:47
So I'm playing the America Apache campaign on VH/VH.

My plan of conquest: To go south first and get rid of the rival nations. Then west to take out the rebels.Then back east to where the French are going to land.

What's Really Happened: 7 turns in- Moved south with my two starting stacks. Took out Chihuacha and declared a warpath on the capital tarascen city. Have moved into the Chichimec tribes territory and about to take my victims of my blitz to the south

Turn 9- My faction heir rebels and is now one of my main targets. HE WILL DIE FOR HIS INSOLENCE!!

Turn 10- My warpath meets with the traitorous fool. He led his troops toward my line and fell in my first volley. After that it was a clean sweep though i still lost 2 companies of scouts and 80% of one company of braves that got folded into the second company.

Turn 12- My warpath was canceled because i had to offer trade rights before i could get map information to find the chichimec capital. My army still marches and has met up with their capital... 8 turns till surrender. I have a new faction heir and he's being supplied with an army of recruits to be trained up he will be heading towards the chichimec outlying towns to take he will be enforced by 2 scouts(not the battle unit) and one wisemen.

Turn 21- Having taken the capital, my wiseman decided that the populace wasn't pure and ordered them all executed. The enemy now approach me new city and my heir is still 4 turns away from the chichimecs new capital

Turn 31- With my main army in the south I decided to speed up my spread of troops. I sent a full stack, mostly braves, west to take out the rebel tribe there. I have a bad feeling there are 2 stacks heading towards my capital as i saw them passing by only briefly so i have started building watch towers and setting up ambushes though with so few trees its hard to find spots. though at each river crossing are 4 companies of dog soldiers.

Turn 36- Have taken Colton, am now moving north to take out the 2 stacks moving towards me that I predicted. My ford archers have done a fantastic job in holding them off. Firing two to three volleys then retreating.

Turn 41- Alas! All good things come to an end. My chief was ambushed as he marched to the chichimecs final city and to their ultimate demise. The ambushing armies consisted of 2 stacks and a quarter stack. In the battle my chief died a glorious death and killed many men. In the end I had lost 986 men while the enemy lost a staggering 2453. It was a close defeat but my veteran army of many battles met their demise there. Though the gods seemed to favor me and sent the enemy chief right by one of my recruit armies allowing them to capture him. I executed him on the spot.

Turn 45- My archers have finally given in under the strain the enemy armies have put on them. Chihuacha has been taken but at a high cost to the enemy and already 2 stacks are sent under command of my greatest war leaders to free this city and push these fiends out of my territory. Since it is late and I have school....not(going to macworld... don't tell my dad) I'm off for the night

ReiseReise
01-19-2008, 20:34
Nice. In my Apache campaigns I have sent my Chief's Son on warpath to Alibamu or Yamacraw first and take everything along the way to get a good North American Empire built up. Also with him on warpath it prevents him from rebelling. It is an annoying bug in Americas that all the starting heirs and generals have 0 loyalty.

WhiskeyGhost
01-19-2008, 20:42
The bad starting loyalty may also be a way of saying "Hey, we need to hinder the Apaches, since they start off so remotely, and have lots of room to expand long before anyone reaches them (chichimec 'might' reach them but will normally be pre-occupied with the southern borders). I know, let's give their starting generals all 0 loyalty, so it gives them a slow start". ~;)

i.e. a quick fix to balance

Monsieur Alphonse
01-19-2008, 22:27
A lot of other factions have the same problem. I just killed the Aztec faction heir who turned rebel. He had also 0 loyalty.

ReiseReise
01-19-2008, 23:22
I believe all the factions except new spain have 0 loyalty generals.