PDA

View Full Version : retrofit mod and pike behaviour

anders
01-25-2008, 22:50
Ive just recently gotten kingdoms, and after some teuton playing, I think pikes behaved visibly better than in the standard game 1.2, sticking to their pikes and sticking( thats probably not the right way to say it in english, but norwegian "stikk" translates to "stab") them right trough some generals and heavy infantry.

my question is, if using retrofit mod, will this pike behaviour carry over to the standard game, or is it just stat balancing?

Old Geezer
01-29-2008, 18:24
They will still require micromanaging. They will soon switch to swords and you need to click spearwall off and on to get them back to using their pikes.

TosaInu
01-29-2008, 18:34
my question is, if using retrofit mod, will this pike behaviour carry over to the standard game, or is it just stat balancing?

Hello anders,

Not sure whether it's just stat balancing, but it will not carry over to the standard game.

Old Geezer
01-30-2008, 13:48
I do not understand. If you are using the Retrofit Mod from Kingdoms you are playing the Kingdoms Campaign with the Retrofit Mod and all its changes in effect, correct?

anders
01-30-2008, 16:34
ehrm, the question was based on incorrect premises, technically speaking the retrofit mod is kingdoms with vanilla grand campaign added, not the other way around as I thought. -so the answer is yes.

anyway, as you say micromanagment is still required, but Im pretty sure there is some improvement.

thanks for helping!