PDA

View Full Version : AI city objectives

locked_thread
02-01-2008, 05:51
edit

Poncho400
02-01-2008, 06:08
Recently playing a game with the Poles, I noticed the Danes went to Stettin awfully fast. They got there one turn ahead of me and took it.

And you're right about Kiev. My first Russian play through, the Poles attacked my Kiev numerous times. The Russian playthrough I'm doing now, I let them have Kiev.

You're also right about the Mongols wanting Kiev. In my last Russian play through, they completely skipped Moscow, Smolenske, and Bulgar and went straight for Kiev. One thing though. In my current Russian playthrough, the Mongols appeared in the North at the Caspian Sea. They then started fighting the Turks, and have recently started fighting the Venetians (owners of Antioch) and the Egyptians. This was a great relief to me, as I thought they were headed straight for me (they were also the reason I stopped playing my last Russian campaign).

Galain_Ironhide
02-01-2008, 14:56
I Concur with the first two, in fact I can even add to that list. however I must disagree with the third.

When the 1st Mongol wave arrived in my Turkish campaign they headed straight for my weakest settlement and took Mosul. After that they bypassed Edessa and headed for Aleppo but were destryed before getting there.
When the 2nd wave arrived, Baghdad just happened to be my weakest link and they took that before being wiped out again.
When the third wave arrived just outside Baghdad as they had every other time, only Yerevan was a weak province and that is exactly where they headed. Pity they did not make it though. :skull: (I have some good pictures from a battle I had at a bridge north of Mosul from this third wave which i intend on posting soon). In Summary, as opposed to having one specific target, I think the Mongol AI must calculate which is the easiest target and go for it.

Adding to that list.

4. For some reason, later Portugal always want Canaervon!? (They are 3 from 3 in my history)
5. Danish want Bruges.

Cheetah
02-01-2008, 17:18
Russia wants Kiev too.
Milan wants Bern.
HRE wants Metz.
France wants Zaragoza.
Moors want Cagliari.
Sicilians want Cagliari.
Sicilians want Durazzo.
Byzantines want Durazzo.
Venice wants Durazzo.

Ibn-Khaldun
02-01-2008, 18:12
Milan wants Dijon .. the city north-east of Bern .. They always send there largest army early in the game to capture it .. ih anyone have taken it before them then Milan will soon attack ...
HRE wants Metz .. at least in every game that I have played they always go for Metz .. I have had 3 units on peasant archers from HRE besieging my half-stack top troops :wall:

EDIT: I see that Cheetah have already mentioned that HRE wants Metz :wall:

Ramses II CP
02-01-2008, 20:45
England and Scotland want York, obviously.

Egypt and Turkey both want Antioch, but Egypt's #1 is Jerusalem.

Moors and Sicily both want Tunis.

:egypt:

locked_thread
02-02-2008, 03:02
edit

MerlinusCDXX
02-03-2008, 07:19
Hungary, Venice, and HRE all want Zagreb

Legionaire
02-03-2008, 07:33
Spain also wants Zaragoza.

I had a marriage alliance with them, yet they sneak up an attack on me. Despite this, I sent my diplomat to negotiate for ceasefire and propose alliance. They accepted but yet the next turn, they attacked me again. All in all, it happens in 3 cycle and 3 peace proposals in conservative turns.

In the end, I gave up Zaragoza as gift to Spain and we became best of friends again for decades.

Tran
02-03-2008, 14:21
4. Portugal wants Canaervon!?
When I play as England, this is very true...they send wave after wave after wave of soldiers to capture this settlement...

glyphz
02-03-2008, 14:57
from the top of my head...

Milan and France always attack Dijon 1st w/ in intentionally weak armies

Milan wants Marseilles too, and Bern, and anything owned by the Player nearby.

Indeed, the Danes go for Stettin.
Poles always goes for the long trek to Magdeburg.
HRE does usually go for Metz, if they get it they always head for Antwerp.
HRE rarely makes an effort to keep Bologna. They lose it to anyone even w/ a full garrison
Venice likes Vienna
Moors always spends enough time early on to reach Timbuktu.
Portugal wants Leon
Hungary, Byz butts heads at Sofia

Interesting note. Once saw a very passive Hungary and an overaggresive Byz.
the Byz went as far as rebel kiev