PDA

View Full Version : Kingsdoms ruined my game

snorky
02-02-2008, 19:05
Some time ago i finished the Britannic campaign, so i wanted to start the crusaders campaign
but the moment i start a battle everything go's black and i get an unspecific error.

Now i thought with such a mayor bug i couldnt be the only one having problems with it, so i used the search feature here on the forum.
From it i concluded i should reinstall kingdoms.
Well that didnt work so i reinstalled kingdoms and the original M2T.
That didn't work either, so as annoyed as i was i gave in to the fact that i couldnt play kingdoms anymore until some patch came out or something.
So i decided to start M2t over again, but that now crashed the same way.
I gave up on the problem some time ago and started playing RTW again but now i actually really want the games
back i paid for so does anyone one know a solution except reinstalling.

ill be happy with any assistance anyone could lend.

FactionHeir
02-02-2008, 21:38
Did you mod/unpack your game at all? If so, don't.
Other than that, wipe the game and its directory (not deleted on uninstall) off your hard drive, make sure you got sufficient space and then install M2TW. Make sure you then have more than 4GB left and install 1.2

ReiseReise
02-03-2008, 10:52
Crash at beginning of battles is what happens when you don't delete 2 specific files after unpacking. If you have EVER used the unpacker that is probably what is causing it, they may not have been wiped during the uninstall. The names are something like desc_geography_new and there are 2 of them in the data folder.

snorky
02-03-2008, 13:45
I deleted those two files and it works again so thanks alote :2thumbsup: