PDA

View Full Version : Help with console not showing up?

David_VI
02-03-2008, 04:47
Hey guys

I just installed Rome TW for the first time in about 6 months, new PC this time round with VISTA but same keyboard... in RTW I can't get the console, I tried `,~ and ' ?! along with other random keys...

No console shows up?! It worked fine before.. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried without patches.. it doesnt make sense?

Anyone help? Or idea's? using a QWERTY UK keyboard.

Thanks
David

Monsieur Alphonse
02-03-2008, 10:18
It is the key left of the 1 and above the Tab key.

Barbarian
02-03-2008, 12:37
Nagh, we now that. It doesn't work for me too, after getting a new laptop and Vista. Still haven't found any real solution.

The weird thing is that the console in Medieval II: Total war works perfectly. So, I suspect that it is some incompatibility between Vista and RTW.

David_VI
02-03-2008, 15:38
Nagh, we now that. It doesn't work for me too, after getting a new laptop and Vista. Still haven't found any real solution.

The weird thing is that the console in Medieval II: Total war works perfectly. So, I suspect that it is some incompatibility between Vista and RTW.

Seriously? well that sucks a lot doesn't it.. There must be some way of getting it up.. damn :(

Have you tried compatability mode or anything? I can't right now i've got it uninstalled... i'll try sometime though.

David_VI
02-03-2008, 17:18
FIXED!

This worked for me anyway.. it seems USB remotes have an issue with games or something, hell I have no clue why or what but I unplugged my Windowed Media Center Remote reciever from the USB then ran RTW and theres the console!

Try it out..