PDA

View Full Version : How bout a website?

Veho Nex
02-07-2008, 06:01
I need to set up a personal website(I can afford upto 40$ a month) So I can finish my main project for my school. Any Ideas?

sapi
02-07-2008, 10:21
Why do you need to set up a working website for school?

It seems strange that they'd set a project that required a true live site as opposed to one you could host on the local system to test...

pevergreen
02-07-2008, 10:43
/agreed.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
02-07-2008, 22:17
You can use a website like www.freewebs.com, and use raw HTML coding instead of their tools.

Veho Nex
02-08-2008, 01:12
It's kind of like a major, my school is a college thats a highschool. So I'm in a pre college website design class and my final project is to set up a website that contains all my final works for highschool.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
02-08-2008, 01:21
It's kind of like a major, my school is a college thats a highschool. So I'm in a pre college website design class and my final project is to set up a website that contains all my final works for highschool.
www.freewebs.com is fine then, just use their raw HTML coding option.

Veho Nex
02-08-2008, 02:49
Well I kinda would like it be like " http://www.Jake'sEnter.com"

I could afford it as long as they don't pass a certain limit. And having freewebs in front of the name is really what im looking for, but thanks for the site anyways.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
02-08-2008, 03:31
Well I kinda would like it be like " http://www.Jake'sEnter.com"

I could afford it as long as they don't pass a certain limit. And having freewebs in front of the name is really what im looking for, but thanks for the site anyways.

You can get your own domain name with a premium account, which I think is well under your budget.

Veho Nex
02-08-2008, 05:52
Quite fantstic I didn't see that as an option. Thank you my man!!

Makanyane
02-08-2008, 07:38
check out what your ISP gives you as well, if you've got broadband you often get free space with it and mine includes option of personalised domain for £1 extra month (not recommended if you want to keep control of the domain long term but Ok for this sort of thing)

sapi
02-08-2008, 14:07
check out what your ISP gives you as well, if you've got broadband you often get free space with it and mine includes option of personalised domain for £1 extra month (not recommended if you want to keep control of the domain long term but Ok for this sort of thing)
:yes:

And considering it's just for school, I don't see a real problem with the site being at www.isp.com/~jkarinen/ anyway ~:)

Mouzafphaerre
02-08-2008, 15:14

www.isp.com/~jkarinen/
:404:

Veho Nex
02-08-2008, 15:17
Ohh well, it's something that I'm sending off to colleges in about 6 months as a... scrap book of all my greatest works(which in the end aren't all that good)