PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall problem

Jimmytwohand
02-09-2008, 22:57
Ive just decided to restart playing MTW2 after a long break and decided to install patch 1.2. It failed and i read the sticky about uninstalling the game. I was on 1.1. However i dont know how to unistall the swine.

There is no uninstall option in the start menu.
I cant see any uninstall program in the Sega folder (granted i may be blind).
MTW2 does not show up in add/remove programs.
Entering the CD and pressing uninstall starts an install instead which encountered an error about 10 minutes in. (forgot to write it down)

Any ideas on how to uninstall would be most welcome. Actually ive just seen a Lands to conquer file in the folder... could this be the problem?

Monsieur Alphonse
02-09-2008, 23:10
You can delete the sega folder and then remove any key in the registry that is related to M2TW or sega (only do this when M2 is your only sega game) with registry cleaner.

Jimmytwohand
02-10-2008, 00:08
Thanks! Trying to find a registry cleaner now. Hopefully that should sort it out. Guess they really want me to keep playing....

tibilicus
02-10-2008, 02:57
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Try that for a reg cleaner.

Jimmytwohand
02-26-2008, 00:30
Thanks all that did the trick. I had a scary moment after uninstalling when there was a failed cyclic redundancy check on reinstall. However a bit of spit and polish on the disk to remove sugary tea residue sorted that out. My Lord the enemy have lost half their men!