PDA

View Full Version : Adding Gates to Buildings

Thor the Bassist
02-12-2008, 20:17
Is there any way to add a gate to a building as I'm working on a Helm's Deep fortress for metw but adding a gate will be a problem.

I also need to know how to add points on a wall for ladders and siege towers to assault them otherwise Helm's Deep may be rather boring to assault.

If not its going to be something like this :wall:

solo1906
02-14-2008, 01:31
I am no building expert but you might want to go with a design that still honors the concept of Helms Deep and then still accomplishes your goal. Dont restrict yourself to whats been done. In my opion Tolkin or the Rhohidam (sp) were no builders of forts - maybe being horsemen. There should have been a tower or two constructed on that wall:laugh4: Good sense would only dictate such.

Anyway by that I mean let the Gate exist to the far -left/right depending on point of view - then place a "Keep" system behind it. with a victory location in the middle. I cannot remember where I read so but I believe you might run into problems with the AI if you place more than one gate/wall for them to break through - and besides all of this - if you want the battle to play out similar to what took place in the story you might want to have the victory location be right behind the deeping wall - so that it is difficult to defend. Then you dont have to worry to much about your AI pathways being too complicated for the AI to manuvuer through.

Just suggestions - probably not much help though.

Thor the Bassist
02-14-2008, 17:15
In my opion Tolkin or the Rhohidam (sp) were no builders of forts - maybe being horsemen.

That is true but the fortress was built by the Old Gondorians/ Numenorians so was a grand fortress that, unfortunately, doesn't conform to RTW Walls.