PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know...

Flying Pig
02-14-2008, 18:36
I copied all the files in data to bi\data and it worked until I loaded the campaign, when it CTD'd wit no message about half-way through loading. Does anyone knuw the problem?

Squid
02-14-2008, 18:38
The problem is you very likely messed up your BI install. What exactly were you trying to accomplish?

Flying Pig
02-14-2008, 19:04
Making phalanxes with the shieldwall.. I think I can see the problem: I started with a full folder

Squid
02-14-2008, 21:50
All you need for that is to change the shortcut to the BI executable to run the RTW mod (add -mod to the end of your target line), and add shield_wall to whichever units you'd like to have it in EDU. Better yet you'd make your changes to EDU in a mod folder, and add -mod/mymodname to the target line instead of what I have above.

TruePraetorian
02-15-2008, 03:50
When you do this, custom battles won't work. I wrote a guide for it in the modding answers section if you want custom battles enabled.

Red Spot
02-15-2008, 09:49
couple of things;
-units can not have more than 2 formations (nor less than 1, obviously)
-square-formation needs to be 1 of the 2 ...

now I'm not sure if phalanx can replace square (imo phalanx is crap so I havent worked much with it ..) but if thats not the case you simply can not have "phalanx + shieldwall" units .. its "square + phalanx" or "square + shieldwall"

ps; small correction to the above, square can be replaced ... by "horde" ...
so you could, for instance, make "horde + phalanx" units ...

G