PDA

View Full Version : KotR The French Crusade

Ramses II CP
02-19-2008, 00:37
This is a poll to determine if a Crusade should be requested against the French. (Never posted a poll before, so this may actually not work.)

:egypt:

gibsonsg91921
02-19-2008, 00:39
Where's the Gah?

*Promptly gets slapped in the face for abusing a cliche*

Ramses II CP
02-19-2008, 17:31
With 10 Aye votes and no Nays I'm going to declare the poll effectively closed and the matter concluded favorably. There will be a French Crusade! I will begin discussions with Pope Pierus immediately, and when the offensive season opens so will the crusade.

OOC: As the save is currently in flux, waiting for Econ to teleport the Danes and OK to excercise first priority to fight, if he's able, there won't be any progress for a little while. If you're thinking about joining the crusade have a look at your situation and send me a PM asking to join. I'll make the public declaration in the reports.

There's no limit on when you join the crusade other than the one imposed by the game itself.

Also Bordeaux is not currently one of the options for the crusade, unfortunately. This leaves Rennes (city) or Anger (castle) as good options, or possibly Zaragosa, but I don't think the latter is worthwhile.

FactionHeir
02-19-2008, 17:32
Zaragoza should be fun. Puts us closer to Spain and gives us a place to launch a New World fleet from.

If not Zaragoza, then Angers or Toulouse.

_Tristan_
02-19-2008, 17:33
As I suggested from the first, Rennes is certainly the most viable option

Maybe another poll is necessary...

FactionHeir
02-19-2008, 17:38
Hmm actually, looking at my words again, I think Angers or Toulouse (if available) are the better targets.
Taking a citadel cripples the AI way more than taking a city with our infusions. That allows us to cut the French adventure a bit shorter.

_Tristan_
02-19-2008, 17:51
Are we limited to the crusade target or are any city/castle/army in the field fair game ?

If the former, I'll go for FH suggestion of Angers...

If the latter, then either Rennes or Zaragoza would allow us to clear a wide path across France...

FactionHeir
02-19-2008, 18:04
We got limited targets

Ramses II CP
02-19-2008, 18:05
I think we would obviously have to secure Anger before we could reach Rennes. Toulouse vs Zaragosa is the same situation, although I hesitate to send too many Swabians so far south.

I think we should limit it to Rennes or Anger myself, but I'm amenable to a poll. We may end up with a multiple-ways tie though. :laugh4:

Ramses II CP
02-19-2008, 18:06
Mmm, given FH's revelation, Anger it almost certainly will be. The rest will fall in due time.