PDA

View Full Version : How can you Rush?

Lord Chu
02-23-2008, 02:13
:help:

I'm trying out different strategies for RTW and I was wondering what exactly a "Rush" was. I would like to implement this strategy in order to make things more interesting....but, I have no idea how to do one! Somebody help! Also, are there any factions that are better at "rushing"?

Quirinus
02-23-2008, 05:32
I'm not that sure (I'm generally more for a slow, creeping advance), but I think a rush generally entails focusing more on army creation, and then moving that army around very quickly.

Wait, does that make sense? :sweatdrop:

I suppose the Greeks and the Seleucids are most suited for a rush, as their territories are scattered all over the place, and their starting regions are thickly-studded with cities.

Veho Nex
02-23-2008, 06:27
I believe you would create one or two at most power stacks and blow accross the country till you reach a power nation(such as rome) and you kill them as fast as possible

The Wandering Scholar
02-23-2008, 14:55
Expand in numerous directions at once with limited forces so as to not waste time recruiting when you don't need to. keep a steday stream of reinforcements but keep moving and exterminating, leave minimal garrisons etc..

Caius
02-23-2008, 16:50
I'm trying out different strategies for RTW and I was wondering what exactly a "Rush" was. I would like to implement this strategy in order to make things more interesting....but, I have no idea how to do one!
Basically, rushing is the action of movilizing a lot of soldiers in the short time posibly to attack and damage enemies.

Good Ship Chuckle
02-23-2008, 22:50
My personal favorite is to make (at the beggining at least) a single massive army, that acts like a spear point straight to the enemy's weakest point. :whip:

Oh, yes. NEVER STOP CONQUERING!!! :charge:

Ibn-Khaldun
02-24-2008, 22:57
I believe you would create one or two at most power stacks and blow accross the country till you reach a power nation(such as rome) and you kill them as fast as possible

This has allways been my greek stradegy .. destroy rome fast and you can conquer the world ..
you can call it rushing cause the first 20 or so years i have allways managed to do that ... ~:)

Caeser The III
02-25-2008, 01:16
believe it or not, i had a rush with the gauls, i took out the two roman cities above rome, and had two armies at the walls of rome, but the red romans(forgot the name) kept kicking my butt out of the other 2 cities,so basiclly i was fighting to gain control of the cities, but could never get rome cause of the red romans

(sorry if this dosnt make much sence, if you would like me to describe somthing, tell me)

Quirinus
02-25-2008, 10:02
Where were the Julii (red Romans) based if you have kicked them out of Etruria and Umbria?

But ugh, I hate fighting the Romans. They just keep coming and coming and coming, so that you are pretty much forced to destroy them.

placenik
02-25-2008, 15:41
I like doing rush as Schytia. It is fun to see how poor Bruti infantry reacts to meeting HA arrow rain instead of phalanax pikes :) And Julii are not too happy also ;)
For me rush is that you don't have more than third of units unengaged during a turn.

Slug For A Butt
02-26-2008, 03:50
Anyone here tried rushing as the Thracians? I only ask because their best ifantry is completely outclassed later in the game, so is the best bet to rush with them?
My recent campaign with Thrace has been very successful as I took out the Romans before they got the reforms, but are they good for an early rush?
I'm thinking of Constantinople and Macedon first.

The Wandering Scholar
02-27-2008, 10:58
That seems a good idea.

Caeser The III
02-27-2008, 23:27
But ugh, I hate fighting the Romans. They just keep coming and coming and coming, so that you are pretty much forced to destroy them.
i do too, seems like they never stop coming........oh and when i say i took over the two roman provinces, i mean that one rebel city they almost always take over

The Wandering Scholar
02-29-2008, 19:22
Segesta, so did they have Ariminum?

Caeser The III
03-01-2008, 06:46
yeah, thats it

gaiusmarius8
03-01-2008, 07:37
I usually rush when playing Carthage and I have elephants. I build a good garrison of Poeni Infantry in my cities as Rome tries to near me then they step on Mauritanie and they get elephant assed back out!

The Wandering Scholar
03-02-2008, 01:12
I'd like to watch them get elephant assed

Good Ship Chuckle
03-05-2008, 22:30
Carthage is a good faction to "rush" with. The elephants allow you to break into wooden settlements on the first turn of siege, saving you a turn that otherwise would be used to build siege equipment.

A rush is created by cutting corners as much as possible on the campaign map.

Askthepizzaguy
04-02-2008, 02:10
How can you Rush?

I believe my M2TW blitz runs with the HRE (in vanilla) and Turkey (in Broken Crescent) answer those questions.

The links are in my signature.

edit: the same principles apply for Rome and any other TW games. I would try a blitz with Rome but I'd need to reinstall it. My laptop doesnt have space for both games.