PDA

View Full Version : HAIL THE CONQUERING HERO---ME!!!!!

ColIndyJackson
02-26-2008, 21:04
Dear All:

Good afternoon from Canada!! I hope this finds you and yours in Canada!!! As for me, I could complain...yadda, yadda, yadda.

I wish to let this Org know that I, INDY, has won my first game in Medieval 2 in Lusted's most excellent mod, LTC!!!! Granted, I achieved this feat with a few underhanded methods, but they were nothing that the French didn't deserve. For their seeming arrogance in trying to order me to become their vassal, they had gotten themselves one dead princess, a dead merchant and two, I think, dead diplomats.

This is what one gets for messing around with English Empire!!!!

Rule, Britannia!
Britannia rules the waves,
England never, never, never shall be slaves!!!!!!!

Live long and prosper, take care and thank you kindly!!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

Shadebeard
02-26-2008, 21:33
Well congratulations..?

Rhyfelwyr
02-26-2008, 21:46
Rule, Britannia!
Britannia rules the waves,
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves!!!!!!!

I just play vanilla M2TW, but I'm planning my next campaign as the English, once I'm done with the Turks.

Are the mass use of stakes really effective as I dream they will be? It's hard to fill battlefield with stakes when you can only recruit Janissary Archers for the job...

Monsieur Alphonse
02-26-2008, 22:20
I just play vanilla M2TW, but I'm planning my next campaign as the English, once I'm done with the Turks.

Are the mass use of stakes really effective as I dream they will be? It's hard to fill battlefield with stakes when you can only recruit Janissary Archers for the job...

Oh Yea. I was once attacked by two Polish stacks who consisted mainly of the most annoying unit in the game Polish Nobles. I made a row of stakes with my simple longbows and waited the assault. Some twenty minutes later and the entire line of stakes was coffered with blood of those Polish Nobles. Some tried to flank me but were beaten by my levy spears and some armored swordsmen. It was a easy heroic victory but it was great to watch the entire horse army crumble within seconds. My men feasted that night with horse BBQ

:oops: did I just say that I was happy to defeat cavalry? Yes because I don't like those overpowered javelin throwing cavalry :wall:

Rhyfelwyr
02-26-2008, 22:29
the most annoying unit in the game Polish Nobles.:

Couldnt' agree more.

I now can't wait to try that out...:smash:

Askthepizzaguy
02-27-2008, 01:20
Javelin cavalry are indeed annoying, as well they are supposed to be.

I remember vividly recent battles against the Byzantines as the conquering HRE, and my massively outnumbered conquering armies would fend off mostly missile-cavalry dominated armies. Even after slaying their general and cutting off heads, those blasted missile cavalry would get routed, go a quarter of the way across the battlefield, stop routing, turn around, and begin peppering my army again as I try to make the rest of them chain rout. As soon as I got one group of horses routing, another would turn back. I couldn't finish any of them as they were all far too fast for my militias and general unit.

I tried to pin them against the side of the field as well, only to get peppered from behind from others.

Annoying until the last... and those expletive Poles with thier expletive Nobles... My severely undermanned general and his few spearmen had no chance against the Polish faction leader and his endless Nobles. I played the battle over and over again, and the deciding factor was the enemy's ability to come back from routing and kill more of my troops.

They wouldn't sit still long enough for me to slay them, and they would rout in all directions, and they were too fast to catch. Eventually, surrounded, I would be battling off archers and nobles in all directions, men I recently defeated, without even a leader among them left to slay.

Whittled down to nothing and surrounded in all directions by missile fire and ineffective cavalry charges... my general was finally slain. Things wrapped up rather quickly after that.

One of pizzaguy's rare defeats on the battlefield by AI forces; admittedly, far superior AI forces, but due to my troop deployment on the strategic map, there were simply no more troops or better troops to commit to the attack on Krakow. Poland repels the attack, and Pizzaguy cannot complete the blitz campaign without Krakow. This leads to an abandonment of the campaign to start over all the way back at the beginning.

Although inevitably doomed by my horde, the Poles were able to repel the inadequate assault force I hastily assembled in my quest for an 8 turn Long Campaign victory. Needless to say, I now bear the trait Despises Poles, as all my other fronts were doing very well indeed.

Next time commit more troops when facing horse archers or javelin cavalry, notes ATPG...

Galain_Ironhide
02-27-2008, 05:06
Well done Indy :2thumbsup:

I will probably play as the English again in the near future.

I just have to decide on Stainless Steel or Broken Crescent. :juggle2:
Unfortunately for the english, I think it will be Broken Crescent.
Kingdom of Jerusalem sounds enticing though?!

diotavelli
02-27-2008, 13:43
Rule, Britannia!
Britannia rule the waves,
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves!!!!!!!

There's no 's' on rule in the second line. Anyone singing "Britannia rules the Waves" in the Albert Hall on Last Night of the Proms has their stiff upper lip surgically removed. You may not even get into the Royal Enclosure at Ascot next Ladies' Day.....

Agree with the previous posters' comments about stakes - but do keep an eye on your own cavalry.

I have to confess to once losing a maxed-out 10-star general on my own stakes when he turned 'round and ran along my lines to support some spearmen suffering against French DFKs. Messy, irritating and more than a little foolish!

ColIndyJackson
02-27-2008, 19:29
Gents:

Good afternoon from cold frigid Canada!!! I hope this finds you and yours well. As for me, I could complain...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now, that I've defeated the French, I'm now in the process to defeat the Scots, only to have His Hatness rain all over my parade. I'm to be a good little Englishman for 7 turns.

Gad, I hate it when he does this for I think he forgets to pass the Scots the same memo.

I will try to resist temptation, but after the seven turns are over, ALL BETS ARE OFF!!!!

Live long and prosper, take care and thank you kindly!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

Mek Simmur al Ragaski
03-02-2008, 21:41
yeah, french noobs, they should not have declared war on me:furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3:

Rhyfelwyr
03-02-2008, 23:52
There's no 's' on rule in the second line. Anyone singing "Britannia rules the Waves" in the Albert Hall on Last Night of the Proms has their stiff upper lip surgically removed. You may not even get into the Royal Enclosure at Ascot next Ladies' Day.....

Agree with the previous posters' comments about stakes - but do keep an eye on your own cavalry.

I have to confess to once losing a maxed-out 10-star general on my own stakes when he turned 'round and ran along my lines to support some spearmen suffering against French DFKs. Messy, irritating and more than a little foolish!

Don't worry, I only sing it at Ibrox.:sweatdrop:

The Wandering Scholar
03-03-2008, 12:24
You only sing it at Ibrox? :@