PDA

View Full Version : Unique Buildings

Jedi Bruno
02-28-2008, 13:58
Hey guys! So far I have already played with England and Scotland and found their unique buildings (especially England's) to be very useful.
But I don't know what other unique buildings each faction has because usually when I attack them, they have not yet developed a substancial number of city improvements.
Can you tell what are each faction unique building or where can I find especific information about it?

Rhyfelwyr
02-28-2008, 23:48
Italian factions get Merchant Banks that increase trade.

The French get Jousting Fields that improve the experience of knights recruited.

Byzantines get Public Baths and Aquedacts that improve health and population growth.

The Turks get Bimaristans (Hospitals) that give big health bonuses and reduced unit retraining costs.

Thats all I can remember ATM.

ataribaby
02-29-2008, 10:28
The Orthodox Christian factions get ikon makers that significantly (50% or more) boost the conversion rate of churches making reconversion to Islam or Catholicism very difficult for other factions.

Some handy unique buildings are the race tracks that the Islamic factions can build in cities that allow them to recruit cavalry units. Catholic/Orthodox factions can't recruit cavalry from race tracks but they can hold races at a cost to temporarily boost happiness. Race tracks also give the Black Stallion ancillary to spies recruited there giving them 25% more movement.

PBI
02-29-2008, 16:34
The HRE and Poland get the Printing Press line, which gives a huge bonus to trade, but you can only get it very late in the campaign, after the Printing Press event.

Spain and Portugal get the Bullring, which allows training of Jinettes in cities (but for some reason doesn't let you hold bullfights).

England, Portugal and Denmark get the Naval Academy, which gives cheaper, more powerful ships.