PDA

View Full Version : screenshots!!!!

Ibn-Khaldun
02-28-2008, 20:26
You thought to see some screnshots here?? Well .. you won't just like I can't :help:

I know how do make screenshots ... I have irfanview (and others that can open .tga files) .. I was able to see them before .. but now :furious3:

I don't know what happened but all the screenshots I take appear in the tga folder as blank black pics :wall: .. I don't know what happened :help:

There were some great pics I took and now they are gone :wall:

Somebody .. HELP!!

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-28-2008, 20:36
The problem is caused by anti-antilising (AA). This, for some peculiar reason renders the .tgas black.

You can fix this quite simply by turning the AA off.

To do this, simply enter the options menu, select video options, select to view advanced options and change the anti-antilising drop down box to "None".

Beware though, changing this function may give you jagged edges upon your screen and within your screenshots. If you want to avoid this, then you could try using FRAPs (http://www.fraps.com/), which negates the bug, to take your future screenshots.

Good luck ~:)

Ibn-Khaldun
02-28-2008, 20:58
I don't remember turning it on :dizzy2:

But I will give it a try

Thanx:2thumbsup:

Quirinus
02-29-2008, 12:38
I second that. FRAPS is one of the most useful gaming tools that I've come across yet. It takes screenshots without fuss, doesn't hog RAM, and even allows you to take sceenshots automatically at intervals. There's also a video feature, which supposedly allows you to take 30-second videos, but I haven't tried that.

The free version takes pictures only in .bmp format, but it's just a simple matter of changing it to .png or .gif when you edit the screenshot.

The Wandering Scholar
03-01-2008, 16:38
I don't remember turning it on

It is on as default when you install the game.

Quirinus
03-01-2008, 19:28
But OP said that Irfanview (I'm assuming that that's some sort of graphics editing software) was able to work before....

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-01-2008, 21:25
I don't quite understand how that happened either Quirinus. Others have had the same problem, so in some case I presume that they either accidentally turn it on using the pre-sets, or there is an unknown bug somewhere which randomly turns it on for them.

~:)

BTW, Infranview is just an image converter which can change .tga files to standard Windows Bitmaps (.pgn, .jpg, .gif e.c.t). It shouldn't theoretically effect the end product in a way as drastic as described.

Ibn-Khaldun
03-01-2008, 23:47
Anti-antilising was on .. perhaps like Omanes was sayng I probably had accidentally turned it on :dizzy2:

anyway .. everything is working fine now and I can see my screenshots again :2thumbsup:

so .. thanks :beam:

btw .. downloaded fraps and i like it :2thumbsup:

zalalzabob konsorbud
04-26-2008, 10:24
Hehehe I just tried to look at my screenshots and they all have internet explore icons and when ever I try to veiw them it tells me to download it then I download it and then try to veiw the file and it does the same thing I have to download again ahahaha Help...:dizzy2: :help: :dizzy2:

RLucid
04-26-2008, 10:46
Download the free irfanview program to convert tga to 'dows bitmap format, which is handled conveniently by Imageshack.

zalalzabob konsorbud
04-26-2008, 21:50
Okie dokie Thankss :beam: .

Bartholemew-Varath
04-26-2008, 23:39
Im not really a manual person, i tend not to do it all by hand, i usually use fraps and then upload them onto Photobucket. I must say it doesnt take a very long time, and the video feature on the free edition of fraps (its only 30 seconds) is fairly good if you want to make short clips for a film or something along those lines.

There was a thread about posting screenshots in the enterance hall, but i think somebody has deleted it...