PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms: Crusades Campaign - Jerusamel Eliminated in 2 turns!?

Yaropolk
03-02-2008, 22:39
I just started my first crusades campaign as Egypt. I immediately declare a Jihad against Jerusalem, and throw my vast collection of lightweight starting units at them.

By the end of turn two Saladin sieges the first small coastal settlement, the crown prince reaches the second small settlement along the coast, attacks a captain-led army, which lures Prince Guy out, and kills Guy.

A third no-name general sieges Jerusalem. "Saladin's Jihad" event units don't even have time to join with my main armies. My spy sees 2 big Jerusalem armies nearby - one led by Balain of Ibelin, and a full stack with Marshall and Constable of Jerusalem + other scary shiny troops led by a captain. I hold my breath, and hit end-of-turn.

King Baldwin sallies and attacks my no-name half stack siegeing Jerusalem. A half hour very fun battle follows where I kite half of baldwin's troops with light cavalry while throwing wave after wave of dismounted ghulams at Baldwin only to see them rout on impact. Finally Baldwin falls, and his army routs. After I get back to the world map screen, I get the Faction Destroyed message for Jerusalem. No attack from Balain or Raymond of Tripoli, no Jerusalem reinforcements, no scary shiny knights charging me.

Has anyone seen this happen before?

FactionHeir
03-02-2008, 22:47
If the faction leader dies and he has no heirs (generals do not count) the faction is destroyed and goes rebel.

Yaropolk
03-02-2008, 23:06
My understanding of the family tree in M2TW is that all generals are also family members, so as long as one general is alive he'll become the next faction heir and then king. Is this not correct?

Rhyfelwyr
03-02-2008, 23:48
All characters you acquire throughout the campaign can become the faction leader as they are 'family members', but some factions start with a General or two that are not in the family tree, presumably just to aid them in the early game.

Captain Pugwash
03-03-2008, 12:13
Im trying to figure out how Baldwin became king at 17 with a older brother in is twenties, yet dad died 14 years prior when he was 3?

The Wandering Scholar
03-03-2008, 12:18
Who is Baldwin's older brother? How come he was not faction heir?

Fookison
03-03-2008, 23:19
My friend just completed the long campaign as the Egyptians in 65 turns. I completed mine last night in 46 turns. Each game was M/VH. Stay agressive and don't get distracted from the target Cities.

Galain_Ironhide
03-04-2008, 05:12
Im trying to figure out how Baldwin became king at 17 with a older brother in is twenties, yet dad died 14 years prior when he was 3?

Baldwin IV had a regent until he was 17 (Count Raymond III of Tripoli, who was the cousin to the previous king). He had 2 sisters, did not know he had an older brother though.

Also Prince Guy is the only other male family member in the Kingdom of Jerusalem faction (He is married to Balwins oldest sister Sibylla. The other three guys are just Generals, this is why they went rebel.

:2thumbsup:

Yaropolk
03-04-2008, 06:01
well if we want to get technical, none of them are related. baldwin IV is the son of aleric IV, the prior king of Jerusalem. All the competing genrals tried to marry his sister sibylla to have a shot at the throne. First the Marquis de montferrat married her but he died. Then baron of Ibelin and Raymond of Tripoli courted her. Eventually Baldwin decided to pimp her out to Guy of Luisignan, who became the king after his new brother in law died.

Yoyoma1910
03-04-2008, 08:42
I believe the non family member status also applies to generals you get from Bribery.