View RSS Feed

Subotan

1. A Blog Zhou Far - Incidents

What? You're drawing ideas from other non-mafia games?

That's right. As the nature of the game will involve long movements across China, it would be ahistorical and boring to have no interaction with external events. In order to reflect this accurately and involve the players in the decision making process, in addition to the normal voting scenarios of Vote: Subotan, there will be "Incidents", when the group as a whole must decide how to react to external pressures. ...

Updated 02-25-2010 at 20:52 by Subotan

Categories
    A Blog Zhou Far
  2. A Blog Zhou Far - Mechanics

So what's so special about this particular mafia game?

ABZF has many influences taken from mafia games, and some totally new inventions of my own. Since I want to keep you all interested, I won't reveal them all today, but I will reveal two of them. The first is a totally brand new mechanic regarding kills, in that the orders must specify the weaponry used to kill your victim. For example, if the KMT decided to assasinate the noble revolutionary Subotan, then they would send their ...

Updated 02-25-2010 at 20:51 by Subotan

Categories
    A Blog Zhou Far
  3. A Blog Zhou Far - Introduction

So what's it all about?

A Bridge Zhou Far (ABZF) is a huge mafia game set in The Republic of China circa 1938. The town consists of a small band of Maoist Revolutionaries retreating across China in the aftermath of a betrayal by the Kuomintang (KMT) and the Imperial Japanese Army (IJA). The game will commence in June 2010.

China? But I know nothing about China in this period. I don't want to play a game where I have no idea what's going on.
    Because I'm a nice ...

Updated 02-25-2010 at 20:51 by Subotan

Categories
    A Blog Zhou Far
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO