• Featured News

• News RSS Feed

by Published on 09-02-2010 08:29

A lot of stuff is going on around the .org, most of which kicked off in the last couple weeks:

First off, the Concept Art Competition sponsored by CA is still going strong with two weeks left until closure. Thus far a multitude of entries have made their way to the submissions thread, but there's still plenty of time (and room) for more! If you haven't already you can review the announcement for the contest here, and post your submissions here.

As we continue to anticipate S2's release, a new Multiplayer specific forum has been opened specifically to cater to the interests of MP focused threads. Head over to the Hachiman Fields to check it out.

Finally, Kagemusha wants your opinions on how to make the .org a better place for multiplayer. He's posted an open call for ideas, suggestion and feedback in the new Shogun 2 Multiplayer forums (mentioned above). If you'd like to see the .Org do more for MP in the future, this is your chance to tell us.
    by Published on 08-29-2010 02:40

You may recall a past article that called for suggestions in naming our most illustrious Dojo II. The time has come to cast your vote to determine what shall be the final name of our Shogun 2 forum. Head over the thread before its too late (as of this writing, 10 days remain to vote)!

A big thanks to everyone who has participated in the effort up until now, either through voting or coming up with naming suggestions.
    by Published on 08-28-2010 05:56

Is CA already looking beyond Shogun 2 for their next project? You might be surprised! If you took Creative Assembly's latest survey you might've been surprised as to how many questions were dedicated toward new platforms for their games. Not to mention the questions focused on the period of TW as a whole. Now with a quote from Mike Simpson to Play.tm, it looks like CA's been keeping their options open!

Does this mean a turn into more ahistorical or fantasy settings? Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait and see.
    by Published on 08-24-2010 23:44

In an effort to find out what the community thinks about on the TW series, Creative Assembly has launched a massive (and i do mean massive) survey based on their game series. The questions cover just about everything you can imagine, from the type of PC you have to the future course you'd want to see CA chart. Be warned the survey is a little on the long side, so make sure you've got some free time before starting.

As an added bonus (unfortunately, only available to those in US, UK, France and Germany) participants are eligable to win one of three Intel® Core™ i5-750 Processors! Even if you're not in one of those countries, if you've got a half hour to kill head over to the offical thread on the .com and take the survey! You might be glad you did.

Thanks Swoosh So!
    by Published on 08-21-2010 14:10

If you've been following Shogun 2 (that is, following it with a magnifying glass) you might've heard that something was cooking for gamescom this year, but no one was really sure what. Last night, Creative Assembly put on a 16 minute demonstration of the game, including a trailer and not seen before "alpha stage" gameplay footage. Included were first looks at general speeches and actual ...
    by Published on 08-13-2010 20:05
    Article Preview

Today I presented units preview of my last skinpack - KLA's: Gold Pack 2:

AMAZONS - UNITS ...
    by Published on 08-13-2010 11:02  Number of Views: 3204 

(a big thank you to CA's Photoshop artist Mark for creating this stunning image for us )

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to welcome you all to the .Org's Shogun 2: Total War Desktop Background competition!

What's this about?

The aim of the competition is simple: create a desktop background for Shogun II: Total War!

Why would I do that ?

Aha, for our fantastic prize of course!

The good people of the Creative Assembly have promised a signed copy of Napoleon : Total War - Imperial Edition

Talk about a collector's item, eh

I want the prize! How much time do I have to make the most brilliant wallpaper ever and to destroy the competition?

You'll get four weeks from now on to work on your submission. Everybody is allowed to participate!

The submission thread is right HERE.

But, but, but, the submission thread is still closed.

Patience, young padawan. The thread will be opened on Monday August 16th, the official kick-off date of this contest.

I'm the greatest! I don't need no competition! Hand me over that prize already!

No, you're just being lazy. Create a stunning wallpaper, now

Who do I have to bribe?

Once the submission period is over, we'll create a poll that will run for about a week.

After the poll is closed, the infallible and unbribable jury consisting of three CA members, namely :

- Lead Artist for Total War, Kevin McDowell,

- PR and Online Manager Mark O’Connell and

- the famous, one and only Craig Laycock (marketing) who was so kind to help us with the organisation of this event. Thank you very much, good sir!

will pick the winner out of the five submissions that came out first in the poll.

As soon as these wise men have taken their decision, the winner will be announced and be put in contact with CA.

All that's left for me now, is to wish you all the best of luck

You can view the origin thread in it's entirety here.
    by Published on 08-13-2010 01:37  Number of Views: 2599 

I'm not much for social networking but hey, if you're a company like CA it's obviously a very smart thing to do since it provides an easy way to network with fans (aside from forums of course! ). So if you're into facebook or Twitter and you love Total War, why not become a fan or follow them?

You can find CA's facebook page here, and their twitter here.
    by Published on 08-09-2010 21:39

Dojo II is our Shogun 2 forum, and the name was always meant as a temp or place-holder until we found a better one. Since we at the .Org are lazy slobs community minded individuals, we believe letting our members decide on the name is the best course of action (As seems to be tradition when new TW games come out). SO!

If you're feeling up to it, head over to the official thread and ...
    by Published on 08-07-2010 11:41  Number of Views: 1771 

The Rome: Total Realism team is excited to bring you our third RTR VII preview - The Ardiae

GET IT HERE!

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO