View RSS Feed

Diamondeye

An Idea/In The Works: OotS Mafia

Rate this Entry
When a good idea suddenly strikes me, I can't help but ponder upon it. Which is why, despite the fact that I've actively backed down from hosting mafia games for the near future, and despite the queue system which means that if I ever have the time, I better know three months in advance (no issues here, I like the system a lot, to be honest!), I've begun concentrating on what I hope can be my next (and very interesting/humerous) small mafia game; The OotS Mafia.

The game is kind of inspired by the "Swords and D20s"-mafia game-series, seeing as it also takes place in a Dungeons and Dragons setting. It is to take place in the universe of the Order of the Stick series, a hilarious D&D webcomic, and although some of the characters are of course going to be more or less directly taken out of the webcomic, I will make sure to twist and turn the plot so that the game will feel like playing out an actual mafia game instead of replaying an already determined story.

That said, if you're thinking of playing the game, it might be a good idea to read through the webcomic (it's currently 717 strips in length) - I will not be basing my game on anything that's only in the purchasable books, as I haven't read any of them. It might also be a good idea to know your way around the TVTropes wiki homepage, partly due to the nature of the webcomic in question and partly because I have the idea that I want a game where both the role PMs and the thread will be filled with humerous content and potholes, preferably both aplenty.

With that said, I hope I actually have the time and craft to realize the idea and that Hilarity will ensue from it.

Also, for those of you who have not tried navigating the TVTropes homepage before, a solemn warning: You might not return

___

If you have any suggestions, inquiries, comments or roses (hey, who wouldn't want any?), leave a comment.

Submit "An Idea/In The Works: OotS Mafia" to Digg Submit "An Idea/In The Works: OotS Mafia" to del.icio.us Submit "An Idea/In The Works: OotS Mafia" to StumbleUpon Submit "An Idea/In The Works: OotS Mafia" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

All I can say is I love Order of the Stick. Do eeeettt!
    Oh man, I think I just had an Evilgasm.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO