• Featured News

• Myth

by Published on 04-01-2014 09:27
    Article Preview

I am so excited for this! Finally, we are getting Med 3. Here is a report from an unknown CA employee I received on my private e-mail late last night. (the name is obviously not his real name)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy RusselCA
    Hey mate I wanted to share some information with you regarding Medieval 3. It will span the years 800 AD until 1450 AD, and it will cover Europe, north Africa and parts of Asia. We are introducing a radical new and exciting change to the total war franchise
    by Published on 10-26-2013 13:58
    Article Preview

Athens: Summer. Harvest. War

This is a succession game for Rome II: Total War, where we will be playing the full term of a faction leader per player, using Athens on Very Hard. When the FL dies, the current player saves the game.

Then he retrieves it (C: Users>_user name_>AppData>Roaming>The Creative Assembly>Rome 2>save_games

(or type %appdata% in the Run bar and go from there)

He archives it using winrar/winzip/7zip

Then he uploads it online (I suggest you use the .org's ...
    by Published on 10-22-2013 19:08
    Article Preview

Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack out now!

New Rome II DLC out.

Total War™: ROME II – Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack

About the DLC:
    The Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack adds a new playable culture comprising three new playable Factions to Total War: ROME II, for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer battles.

The Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack enables ROME II players to take on the ancient world as the ruthless Roxolani, the independent Massagetae and the proud Royal Scythians. Accomplished raiders and legendary horsemen, the Nomadic Tribes are poised to sweep from the steppes and strike at the soft, sedentary targets of more established empires.

Defined by their independence, their excellence on horseback and their ability to swiftly assemble large armies, The Nomadic Tribes bring an entirely ...
    by Published on 09-18-2013 13:32
    Article Preview

Getting started with Rome II

So you got Rome II, installed it, patched it and are ready to seek glory in the ancient world! But you're stumped - everything is different! What is going on? You haven't played since Rome 1, or Medieval 2. Or maybe you played a lot of Shogun 2 but the changes to the food system don't make sense to you. Then read up and feel free to experiment (and contribute) to this mini guide.

For the purposes of this guide I will assume that:

- You know how to play the game (ie. move on the campaingn map, lead battles, recruit units, conduct diplomacy etc.)
    - You have played through the introduction campaign if you are a brand new player

I will illustrate what and how to do with the Roman faction (because this is Rome II: Total War, and because we must bring glory to the S.P.Q.R.!) but once you get the hang of it, you can easily transfer your knowledge to another faction with mininal adjustments based on their building and tech trees. I'm playing the game on Legendary so if you are playing on an easier difficulty you might find your faction more rich or stable and thus adjust accordingly. ...
    by Published on 02-04-2013 08:56
    1. Categories:
    2. Category1
    Article Preview

Hail warriors of the .org! Voting has started for the 2012 HoF awards! You can find the polls here. ...
    by Published on 01-18-2013 13:12
    Article Preview

A simple return to the roots of hotseat gaming! An AR using vanilla M2TW. The road to victory is not a complicated one - be the last human faction standing!

Victory conditions:Be the last human faction in the game, either by way of elimination or resignation from the other players. Team victories are not allowed, one must concede if the game reaches a 1v1 scenario.

Mode of battle: AR versus human ...
    by Published on 09-04-2012 14:48
    Article Preview

EMPIRES OF THE EAST

This is a free for all hotseat using the Broken Crescent M2TW modification, version 2.3.2 (installation instructions below). This will be a lead battles game, meaning one may lead versus enemy (AI or human lead) armies if given the chance, or autoresolve at their own discretion. Sallies from the AI versus human besieging armies are automatically autoresolved.

For those unfamiliar with hotseats or who have not played lead battles, you should consult the comprehensive guide to hotseat play and especially the lead battles section.

Victory conditions: Be the last human player in the game or force the submission of the remaining players. If campaign victory is achieved but a player remains adamant to continue ...
    by Published on 08-10-2012 11:52
    Article Preview

"Thorkell why can't I come with you?" Einars' voice was high and uneven as he hurried after his brother. The boy was wiry but thin, he had grown taller this past winter but he was far from the height and strength needed to oar a longship or fight alongside seasoned men. Such were Thorkell's thoughts as he ignored his younger sibling and instead took to inspecting his belt and the strap that would hold his dagger and longaxe.

"I'm a man already! Please, tell Erikr to let me join the raid!"

Thorkell continued walking at a brisk pace trough the muddy street, making his way around the occasional hand cart or a fisherman's wife carrying a basket with the day's catch to market. He slowed at Ylfa's stall and grinned to the girl. She was as pretty as Freya herself - tall, slender, blond and with an ample blossom. Her hair was the colour of ripe wheat and now was tucked into a thick triple braid which reached down to her back.

"Tyr guide your Axe Thorkell, may you bring a fine haul this summer!" she yelled at him and tossed him one of her freshly baked buns. ...
    by Published on 07-27-2012 22:45
    Article Preview

Welcome back to Tales from the Throne Room, our regular piece on the Org's community of hotseat and RPG gamers!
    (written by Myth and phonicsmonkey, graphics by Quirl and Myth)

The Throne Room is where we play collaborative and competitive games based around TW titles, including Hotseats, RPGs and Succession games. We currently have a group of 19 active players (and several who come and go) across 5 hotseats, one succession game and one RPG.

This chapter marks the ending of an era. The retirement of both veteran moderators, phonicsmonkey and Zim, men who have shaped the Throne Room into what you see today, is both a threshold and a reminder to us all to strive to give to the community as much as they have during their years as players and mods. It also marks the ending of previous games, the coming resolution of some but also the prospect of new and innovative games to come!

Hall of Fame:

The annual HoF awards came to a close, and the results are as follows.

SilverShield won the title of Throne Room Champion and was unanimously hailed as the best general of 2011. I congratulate him and I promise the next edition will feature an interview (this edition's interview is a special occasion).

Cecil XIX won the award for Best Gamesmaster and has good chances of repeating his achievement if he hosts that multi-faction RPG he proposed in the Arena of Kings contest.

phonicsmonkey won the Best Hotseat award for 2011 despite the stiff competition. Hopefully he will run at least one game for 2012!

I myself won the award for ...
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO