Thread: Realistic AI?

Default Realistic AI?

I just started playing this game yesterday and Ive built quite an empire....however I would notice, that countries would cross half the world just to attack me when they could attack 10 unmanned cities along the way...
    This is rediculous, and usually I dont do mods but it is seriously cramping my play enjoyment....whats the best mod out there that has real AI where the AI attacks each other?!

Default Re: Realistic AI?

maybe even an AI that can deal with the mongols on their own

Default AW: Re: Realistic AI?

After finding out that with the german version of the game the LTC mod has some sounds missing i started to use just the LTC Battle and Campaign AI with the vanilla game version and i must say it's way more realistic and more fun to play. There are more realistic alliances that hold longer and overall the AI seems much smarter. It's the only AI mod i've used so far but i'm very happy with it, so maybe you should give it a try:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138529
    (site seems down atm)

will I have to restart my campaign?

Default Re: AW: Re: Realistic AI?

Ultimate AI pack also....

link....omg this is what Im talking about...I just started a new campaign as spain ans sicily came all the way on a boat to attack me on the 4th turn...I NEED A NEW AI, lol

Default AW: Re: Realistic AI?

Quote Originally Posted by soulbreaker360
    will I have to restart my campaign?
    Well, i can load up my old campaign even with the new files (though i never played it again, just checked if it works) but i'm no modding expert and so i don't know for sure if that causes any problems and if the new AI files will load correctly if you keep playing your old game...

Quote Originally Posted by soulbreaker360
    link....omg this is what Im talking about...I just started a new campaign as spain ans sicily came all the way on a boat to attack me on the 4th turn...I NEED A NEW AI, lol
    Well, sicily isn't so far away from spain... all they need is a little ship and a few turns and they can knock on your door. I wouldn't measure the AI on this attack since it's nothing that special. I saw portugal invading the british isles in one game!
    Last edited by Grombeard; 03-08-2008 at 19:59.

yea but this was the 4th turn...there are so many other rebel citys and stuff they can hit....but as always they go for me!!!