Thread: So I think I got fired....

Default So I think I got fired....

Well my Jack A off a manager changed my schedule on me again for the 4 time this month... Got so pissed off at him for it I told him to go have his way with his mother and himself in chinese(he knows it but the customers don't).

So he told me to leave and that im not working under him anymore... Now I'm thinking of asking my aunt to send up one of her underlings to do a series of surprise visit to make sure the food is healthy... Giving that jack A more work todo. See how he likes it when he's in the middle of a rush and some guys in nice black suits come in and say... we need to test your food then fill out these forms...

I hate that jerk...
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Default Re: So I think I got fired....

I Don't think revenge should be the top concern right now...
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abokasee
    I Don't think revenge should be the top concern right now...
    Yeah getting a new job might be a little higher on the list.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Maybe he can learn to multitask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

But alas being 17 doesnt give me the age limit for allot of jobs i look at. So I am off again to look for another menial job where all my co-workers speak a variation of spanish and english really quietly and where i dont understand a single thing they say.
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jkarinen
    But alas being 17 doesnt give me the age limit for allot of jobs i look at. So I am off again to look for another menial job where all my co-workers speak a variation of spanish and english really quietly and where i dont understand a single thing they say.
    Enjoy! Your gonna need some luck, because if the next place you apply for asks for references, then your ex-manager isn't going to be too kindly.

I nearly got fired today as well. The managers overheard me talking about how i'm effectively stealing off the 'stupid capitalist corporation' due to the bare minimum amount of work i do.

None too happy about that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Pride goes before the fall.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    Enjoy! Your gonna need some luck, because if the next place you apply for asks for references, then your ex-manager isn't going to be too kindly.

I nearly got fired today as well. The managers overheard me talking about how i'm effectively stealing off the 'stupid capitalist corporation' due to the bare minimum amount of work i do.

None too happy about that...

Yea, Watch out. Your Ex-Boss will be just a tad mad

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

You need him more than he needs you. But by all means, keep acting that way and see how far you get in life.
    Last edited by Geoffrey S; 03-10-2008 at 15:44.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Revenge is a dish best served cold, see if he'll give a reference and what kind of reference he gives you, if it good he's a decent enough guy, if he messes you over with it, then do something small but which will cause him a bit of annoyance, and most importantly don't get caught!
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Unfortunately you will find that most 'managers' in this life are usually the useless, sad, (fill in this space) who were bullied at school. They already take revenge each day, dishing out what they only dreamed of doing when they were kids (when they were treated with contempt)
    If it makes you feel any better, my manager is a 'lad' who I trained when he first started on the job about 10 years back. He knows I've forgotten more than he will ever learn but that doesn't stop him questioning my experience. It's what they do.
    Best reaction? Smile and be pleasant. You don't have to be enthusiastic when he's not around

.....Orda

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

What did you expect after you insulted your employer? A salary raise?
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Whatever you do, just stick with it.

Do you think your boss is an ******* ? So don't care about his/her reference.

Do you think your boss is an ******* but you can handle his ******ation? Keep on licking.

For a general view of life: Just stick with your way which will help you handle the consequences a lot easier in any case.

In any way, keeping your relationships in work life formal is always a winner though.

1.5 year ago, I was sacrificing my whole time for my only job experience as a graphics designer. Once, for a work that had to be finished by the next day, I had stayed in the office until it was 4 a.m. in the morning. With my eyes, it was nothing but pure torture.

But the ******* (boss, that is) whose only quality was being the lucky offspring of a wealthy father insulted me saying "Go home today and come back in time tomorrow" after getting late to work by half an hour in 3 days of a dead week (in the middle August no one cares about brochures, catalogues, etc.).

I just said "I want to quit" right away. He knew that he couldn't say that again to his employees again, 'cause he was assured that they'd say "If I'm going back home today on your request, I'm not coming tomorrow". The agency went bankrupt in a year.

Even *******s learn a thing or two about life with minimal yet effective actions.

Keep your cool next time and don't get bothered about your last boss' reference anymore. What's done is done.

Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 03-10-2008 at 20:24.

What did you expect after you insulted your employer? A salary raise?
    Why not ? its worked for me many many times (though it does upset some other workers, but thats their problem) .
    Then again one of my cousins got sacked last year (and got a rather nasty punch)for calling the developer what I call him .

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Are you in school? If so, consider a Student Assistant position with the CA State government. It pays at least as well as your previous job, gets you into your field of interest (you are IT-interested, yes?), and opens the door for permanent appointment once you've passed an exam (when I did it, 18 units of CS or MIS were needed to qualify for Programmer I). You can go from $10/hour to $50K+ per year in less than four years if you play your cards right. Take it from someone who did it.

Roll with the punches. It only gets worse as you move into the big business world--unless you're one of the lucky ones who finds a fit in a truly mature and progressive company.

Good luck.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Quote Originally Posted by Jkarinen
    Well my Jack A off a manager changed my schedule on me again for the 4 time this month... Got so pissed off at him for it I told him to go have his way with his mother and himself in chinese(he knows it but the customers don't).

So he told me to leave and that im not working under him anymore... Now I'm thinking of asking my aunt to send up one of her underlings to do a series of surprise visit to make sure the food is healthy... Giving that jack A more work todo. See how he likes it when he's in the middle of a rush and some guys in nice black suits come in and say... we need to test your food then fill out these forms...

I hate that jerk...
    Flick 'em off!!!

I've interviewed for my own job, been ignored by many a supervisor, been passed over for promotions (however nominal they may have been) and (most recently) been threatened with termination because my work has been "sub-par."

I say, for crap-ons everywhere, GO FOR IT!!!

Nice advice, do they something like that in the UK?

Lol, i didnt get fired but i take it im never working under that jerk again... I hate him... I really wish i was fired... Would give me a reason to go look for a new job