Thread: GT704WG problems

Default GT704WG problems

GT704WG is one of the crappiest modems to ever have been invented on the planet earth. Verizon sends these pieces of junk out with their standard issue internet package(this includes all the speeds and what not they offer.) This piece of junk over heats kills it self disconnects from the Verizon mainframe all the time and is just plain slow...

The smallest dl bogs it down so much it doesnt know what to do so it just plain shuts off. The DNS doesnt authorise/verify itself... ever I have I have to go in and do it manually... My friends have the same problem and I've had it replaced three times... Am wondering if any one else who might use it feels the same way.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Default Re: GT704WG problems

Don't worry, any modem/router given out for free by a telecommunications company is guaranteed to have been made for a $1, and thus have its quality show.

We have some rubbish netgear one, constant DNS verification problems, and in the hot weather utterly useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Default Re: GT704WG problems

So im wondering what type of modem i should get... I have about 40$ to spend on it.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.