Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any quitters here?

Default Any quitters here?

So how many of you haven't actually won a game of EB in the time you've played it? I'd have to admit to this, since Romani eventually get boring for me, but I've started an Arche Seleukia campaign, and if i don't finish this one i'll be damned
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

Default Re: Any quitters here?

My old computer crashed every 30 minutes or so while I was playing any RTW game, and so after my empire grew bigger and bigger, this issue became unbearable, so I quitted every campaign.

Now I have a new machine that is working without problems, so I am preparing to actually finish some campaign :)

I've got about 10 campaigns "postponed indefinately", though my new Romani *shudder* is actually going pretty well

Here's a blatant attempt to seize the thread, why does the game crash when I try to force a Roman settlement to rebel?, I want to start a Roman campaign with only Rome and fight some other "roman" states for domminance
    Alcohol is the cause and solution to all of man's issues

Baloonz: by Pharnakles
    by Jebivjetar (es bastante loco)

Quote Originally Posted by Moosemanmoo
    I've got about 10 campaigns "postponed indefinately", though my new Romani *shudder* is actually going pretty well

Here's a blatant attempt to seize the thread, why does the game crash when I try to force a Roman settlement to rebel?, I want to start a Roman campaign with only Rome and fight some other "roman" states for domminance
    Wow just realised how many times I said "Roman" there

I am kind of bad about this. My tastes change back and forth, so I usually play a campaign until it gets a bit too stressful for the moment, or i get bored, and then decide I either start another one or go back to an old one. The result is that I have several campaigns in different states that I play for bits at a time.

I started with the Casse, but I have campaigns in progress with Parthia, the Sweboz, the Romani, the Getai, AND the Maks.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Any quitters here?

Me. I played the Romans in 0.80, got a CTD in 250BC, and quit because I was tired of them. Then I played the Makedonians until 187BC, formed a great empire, but didn't achieve the victory conditions. I quit when 1.0 came out. Then I played the Sweboz, but got halted by a CTD in 234BC. Actually I'm playing SSbQ, and only Phoenicia is left to obtain victory.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

I rarely play full games of RTW with any mod. I stop once I become so rich and powerful that no one can stand up to me.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

I´ve only ever achieved the VC´s with Romani, Casse and Kart-Hasdim, but I have campaigns with every faction except Sweboz, Palahva and Baktria.
    I´ve gotten far enough to virtually be unstoppable and able to achieve the VC´s if I just gave myself the time with my Pontos, Sauromatae, Lusotannan, Arverni, Hayasdan and Getai campaigns. I´m near the VC´s with Saka-Rauka, but that campaign never get´s easy, so I´m not sure that I would fix it, especially without having played a Nomad faction for some time, it takes time to get used "settled" to it.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Finished a Sweboz campaign in 0.81a, only the third time I've actually played a campaign to completion in a TW game and I've been playing since a week after Shogun came out.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Honestly, I've never finished a campaign. Ever. Even though I've played since 0.74. I kind of do like the Moose - I get quite far in the campaign, and then I want to try a different kind of fighting style, so I start a new campaign as a different faction telling myself I'll return... but I don't. Even if I feel like playing the first faction again, I just start a new one instead.

But I'm getting quite close to the VC in my Sab'yn campaign now, and I'm still not thinking of switching! I'll damn myself if I don't finish this sand-infested campaign.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moosemanmoo

Have you tried bovi's latest fix, I think it fixes the rebellion CTD and could help fix your problem.

Wielder of a pointy-thing Member Olimpian's Avatar

Just the Boii stand between me and my destiny of becoming Imperator...that's five stacks of double silver chevroned neitos and naked spearmen of 'em,plus a Satres-like guy with his "little" stack and 10 command stars.But I WILL finish them off tomorrow...so it'll be first-shot first-hit first-kill for me in EB

i have the problem of quitting campaigns too. i always have lots of fun starting and getting an empire established. but it seems as soon as i start expanding into a large empire i get bored and tired of it and quit.
    Thank you EB team

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Epirote campaign -178: two provinces left to achieve VC. It's going to be the first time I achieve victory in a totalwar game since the end of my Turkish campaign on MTW1 three years ago (but I played RTR for two years and there was no possible "victory")
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

I'm with a lot of people here- I start a new campaign and it's great and fun and then my empire grows and I get bored and start a new one.

I've never finished a game of RTW.
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." -Hamlet, II, ii

"Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." -excerpt from a real college essay, from Ignorance is Blitz by Anders Henriksson

Cool Re: Any quitters here?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom
    Have you tried bovi's latest fix, I think it fixes the rebellion CTD and could help fix your problem.
    Nope but I will do now
    cheers

It doesn't, I'm afraid. It just eliminates yet another cause for it .

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I * only * managed to actually finish an Arverni campaign. But I have quit 3 succesful Roman, 1 Baktrian, 2 Hayasdan, 2 Makedonia, 1 Baktria, 1 Pahlavan, 2 Getai, 1 Lusotannan, 1 Koinon Hellenon, 1 Arche Seleukeia, and 1 Ptolemaioi campaign.

Simply because I grew too rich / persistent CTD (in the 0.81 days) or when a newer version of EB was released.

At the moment in my Hai campaign the Ptollies and Baktrians love sending 3 units a turn to siege a settlement. Very annoying, and as my computer is near-obsolete it ensures that turns last quite a while. I only have to raid 5 more settlements (Athenai, Sparte, Chernosenos, Pantikapaion and Nisa) and I will have my Hai VC met. Hopefully I can sit this one out. Foot did too good a job to allow me to quit though.

i'd like to know the secret to keeping yourself interested in your campaigns. like that one on the ai progression thread. as the casse he had literally conquered 2/3 of all the provinces last time i checked.
    Thank you EB team

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Not yet...

But once the Sweboz fall I just have to clean up some Eleutheroi towns and I'll have victory conditions for my Averni Campaign. It's the farthest I've ever gotten in an EB campaign but I keep getting sidetracked. I don't even have all of France yet but I've got one city in Britain, one settlement in the modern netherlands, all of the alps, Italy down to Rome, Segestica, and most of the Balkans as far east as the Black sea.

That's right, my empire stretches from Ictis to Kallatis and I've still got more than a half dozen powerful Eleuthroi settlements to finish off for my VCs.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

I won AS...
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Me never, and this Romani is my eleventh (and my third Romani) since 0.70, so so so long ago...

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    Me never, and this Romani is my eleventh (and my third Romani) since 0.70, so so so long ago...
    i'm another one with baktria, sweboz, sab'yn, makedonia, romani, epeiros and now sauromatae on the go. oh, and koinon hellenon and an abortive casse also.
    sauromatae is rocking my world, BUT i have no idea how to get HAs to fight HAs effectively, and Saka have sent 10 units at me (it's SCARY) and those Saka elites are HARD to kill.......any tips? (mebbe i should start a new thread)
    inde consilivm mihi pavca de Avgvsto et extrema tradere, mox Tiberii principatum et cetera, sine ira et stvdio, qvorvm cavsas procvl habeo.

I have two campaigns: one with the Romans, an the other with the AS. The Romans got boring for me, so I switched to the AS. Currently well on the way of rebuilding Alexanders empire!

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

must be a bit of a pain, eh? rebuilding AS to Alexander's stantards is a heck of a feat, with the large size, terrible economy, and boatloads of bloodthirsty neighbors ...good luck!
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Yeah AS is annoying, especially at the beginning. No money, no army, a lot of enemies and some generals that dont want to move their butts to command an "army". Most territories dont even have roads. What the hell did other civilizations do till the greeks conquered their lands, sleep?
    Last edited by Imperial Fist; 03-11-2008 at 16:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim
    must be a bit of a pain, eh? rebuilding AS to Alexander's stantards is a heck of a feat, with the large size, terrible economy, and boatloads of bloodthirsty neighbors ...good luck!
    Thanks!
    Actually it is not as hard as you might think (although i am playing on m/m).
    Its 252 BC i have about 50 provinces, 13000 money every turn and pretty much destroyed the Baktrioi and Ptolemies. I found out that the best way to stabilize the rebelling provinces is to move the capital to Seleukeia and destroy the temples of Artemis (i think) to build new temples that give better bonuses.

I always found the Barabarians less interesting as time goes by. No buildings to build. Stagnant units. Some of that has been addressed in 1.0 and who knows about 1.1!??
    My sig says itall, really. In my Sab'yn campaign, I actually knocked the Ptolmies on thier collective a#$#$, but ...they got back up and by then the Grey Death had discovered me. It was a grinding war of attrition that I finally threw the hat in on.
    Now, I'm deep into my Romani campaign and not tired of it at all. Struggling with my next campaign - another Romani or a Massillian campaign (transplanted KH)
    Finished Campaigns
    Lusotannan 0.8
    Quarthadastim 0.8
    Sab'yn 1.0
    Romani 1.0
    Ongoing Campaigns
    Lusotannan 1.2

Long may the barbarians continue, I pray, if not to love us, at least to hate one another,seeing that, as fate bears remorselessly on the empire, fortune can offer no greater boon now than discord amoung our enemies - Tacitus

i always quit when it gets to the point where one finds himself surrounded by countless stacks. gets too tedious to carry on. the beginning of the campaign is the most interesting part for me where i struggle in every way but not yet forced to crash multiple stacks of AI driven armies almost every turn. if battle would be more challenging (smarter AI) that might change my preferences a bit. ideally though it'd be perfect if two, three massive battles could determine the winner and end the war like it really should.

I've finished a few Sweboz campaigns. Got close with an Aedui one, and have a Roman campaign which is half finished. I started a Koinon Hellon campaign but didn't get very far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast