Poll: What TW titles have you played?

Thread: What TW games have you played?

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default What TW games have you played?

Just wondering how much experience the M2TW fanbase has at other TW games.

Personally, the first TW game I tried was MTW. At the time I was too young to appreciate it really, and so I never got by 20 turns in any campaign really. I then got VI, and mucked about similarly with it. The next game I got was RTW, in which I also mucked about mostly but managed to win a long campaign as the Julii and a short campaign as Britannia. Then got BI, but never played beyond a couple of custom battles. Never got Alexander. Then I got the Shogun:TW Gold Edition that comes with the Mongol Invasion expansion. I completed the main campaign twice, but admittedly largely through Geisha's (can you blame me?). Never got into the Mongol Invasion campaign. Then I got M2TW, and finally I have the patience to take the game seriously. I'm aiming to catch up with other TW players by completing campaigns with every faction. So far I've played as the Scots (226 turns, didn't win), Venetians (domination), French (long campaign), Sicilians (long campaign), Byzantines (domination), and am currently playing as the Turks, at around turn 185 with 70-something provinces.

I'm hoping to then do a couple more long campaigns, most likely with the English, HRE, and Russia, since they seem the most unique factions left. The rest will be short campaigns. Then I will play as a couple of teams in each Kingdoms campaign. After that I'll go through the playable teams in RTW with three or four long campaigns (1 Roman, 1 Greek, 1 Barbarian, 1 Eastern), and the rest short. I'll then do the same in BI, then have a quick run-throught the Alexander campaign, which I've still to buy. Then I'll play as some teams in MTW and VI, then finally to the same in STW and MI. With the summer coming up, I hope to be well through the list and ready for ETW. Do you think all that will be achievable?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Knight of Fable... Member Mek Simmur al Ragaski's Avatar

Default Re: What TW games have you played?

Rome total war and its expansions, and this with no expansion, i got both last xmas
    'It is not anger that drives me to destroy the Egyptian empire, but the promise of gold, a throne, and of all the ruling Pharaoh's concubines in a single night'
    -Me sacking the Egyptian cities...

played rome with out expansions and medieval 2 with expansions

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Your poll isn't multiple choice.

I've played all of them except Mongol Invasion, Kingdoms, and the Rome games. Viking Invasion was my favorite, the campaign was superb and provided a varied experience for each faction. Loads of fun, plus there's nothing better than launching brutal raids across the face of England.

voted MTW VI, but have played all except the Shogun+expansion and the Alexander expansion for RTW. admittedly, most of the time put into Rome, BI, Med2 and Kingdoms was done with mods; a little RTR and AE Elysium, mostly EB (on BI exe), and Broken Crescent & PDER for M2 & Kingdoms (respectively). IMO it was great how the original MTW and VI were really good campaigns without the need to mod them to death. this poll should probably be multiple choice.
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 03-09-2008 at 07:30.

Default AW: Re: What TW games have you played?

I started with Rome, then Rome Expansion, then Medieval 2, then Medieval 2 Expansion, then back to Medieval 2... (waiting for the patch) ;)
    Last edited by Grombeard; 03-09-2008 at 09:01.

I can only vote for one?

I've played

Shogun :Total War

Medieval :Total War,

and

Medieval 2:Total War

I never played Rome, or any of the expansions... I tried the demo for rome and wasn't happy wit the controls at the time so i was like 'fck it'..b'sides mostly enjoyed the ww2 type shit

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Rome, BI, M2, Kingdoms and BC (is an expansion for me)
    Tosa Inu

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

All, over and over again he he!
    Didn´t vote since there´s no multiple choice in the poll.
    Last edited by PseRamesses; 03-09-2008 at 12:14.

played all of them

All of 'em bar Alexander and Kingdoms (and I'm getting that next week).

This poll should be multiple choice, but since it isn't, I voted for Shogun since I bought it on the day of its UK release
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

I'll see if I can make it multiple choice...

EDIT: Bah I can't. Any mods willing to remove the poll?
    Last edited by Rhyfelwyr; 03-09-2008 at 13:43.

In order...

MTW

MTW:VI

M2TW

RTW:BI

All.

"The game [M2TW] is actually more balanced than rock/paper/scissor. Combinations that work: rock vs rock - paper vs paper - scissor vs scissor.
    A new frontier that wipes off a bunch of old concepts"
    - Machiavelli69

"Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

MTW, MTW-VI, RTW, RTW-BI, M2TW, Kingdoms. Bought Shogun but haven't got a chance to play, didn't buy Alexander

Hmmm. I'm unable to vote, but I have played MTW, MTW: VI, M2TW, and M2TW:Kingdoms

poll is broken as i cannot select more than one option

didnt vote
    "Forgiveness is between them and god, my job is to arrange the meeting"

@BananaBob: I think thats because you are a Junior Member. Once you get to around 20 posts you will be promoted to a Member.

@Everyone: OK I understand I mucked up the poll - this is now just a regular thread for discussion. Maybe a mod could delete the poll?

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Default What TW games have you played?

Added/fixed poll. I had to reset all votes to zero, however.
    Last edited by Martok; 03-10-2008 at 23:02.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Iron Chef Wannabe Member Fookison's Avatar

Played all except Alexander expansion. Love Rome TW and Med. 2. Kingdoms is excellent but frequently go back to Rome TW for some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Martok
    Added/fixed poll. I had to reset all votes to zero, however.
    You're the man, Martok!

And thanks for not setting the camels on me after that Napoleon/Abba remarck!

Haha had to remind you...

EDIT: Also its interesting that more people in the M2TW forums have played RTW and MTW than M2TW.

And no-one has played Alexander.
    Last edited by Rhyfelwyr; 03-10-2008 at 23:42.

Played all of them, finished long campaigns on all except BI, and Kingdoms Crusades and Teutonic. Am thinking of maybe revisiting STW:MI as the Japanese however, might be fun to play a "defensive" campaign for a change. Or maybe play as the Romans in BI.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

I've played Shogun and MTW, along with their expansions. I've also played RTW and Medieval 2 vanilla, but no expansions. My buddy has Kingdoms, so I may give it a try next time I go back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonian Rhyfelwyr
    You're the man, Martok!

And thanks for not setting the camels on me after that Napoleon/Abba remarck!

Haha had to remind you...
    Dispatching camels.....now!
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Desperately Seeking Tamworth Member Ethelred Unread's Avatar

Like the OP I played MTW first and was absolutely blown away, then got VI and had lots of fun with that. I remember fondly making a little book of the .pdf guide and referrring to it on several campaigns. Then I got Rome and BI just before med 2 came out.

Sadly whilst all this was going on I graduated from Uni and therefore had to get a real job and also moved in with my g/f so I only get 1 night a week to play. Plus the IT monkeys took a dim view of various TW folders on my laptop so that also cut down my playing time. Like the OP too I want to complete the long/short campaigns with the varous factions and at this rate I should be ready for ETW by about 2010.
    "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials"