Thread: RTW RPGs

Default RTW RPGs

Why are most of the RPGs here use EB? I think you should expand to other mods as not everybody is able to play EB.

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

Default Re: RTW RPGs

well, for me it is because EB gives so much more RP value to the game. I can kind of see you being able to do a RPG with vanilla.... but its something I definitively not be interested in. Its just that the historical features of EB give you so much storytelling potential. and it just so happens all of the hosts of these games also like EB. I am sorry to hear you cant have EB that stinks, it really is a great mod.
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

It doesn't stink, just not able to run it on my PCs. also, don't have to do an RPG with vanilla, maybe some other mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent hitman View Post
    It doesn't stink, just not able to run it on my PCs. also, don't have to do an RPG with vanilla, maybe some other mod.
    i was thinkin about other ones, but you just cant surpass EBs realty and in depth play.
    ~WotB~
    Strategos Epilektos Panaitolos Ankyrikos Commander of 1sy Lydian Army

~BtSH~

Consul/Dux Cornelius Blasio

ohh forgot to put a comma between EB and stinks, what I meant was it stinks you cant have EB on your computer.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Well, there are some RPGs over at TWC that use a different mod. I think You Are The Senate uses Roma Surrectum, or something other than EB at least.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

The first TW RPG ever (Will of the Senate) used Rome Total Realism as a mod. We found it to be very decent and had lots of nice perks for roleplaying. Having never played EB, I don't know how it compares, but RTR has already proven itself as an excellent TW RPG base mod.

good point. though with the throne room like it is you wont be finding many players if you tried to create a new PBM, almost all of them have been taking big hits..... TVS just basically got canceled, and BTSH is just now coming out of a hiatus. we just don't have players that are willing to commit.... people come, play for a few weeks, and disappear. if you wanted to you could always try and start a Roma Surrectum or Rome total realism mod (I would probably join, if I could find another file for a fourth Rome total war install.)
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 05-28-2009 at 22:01.
    Micheal D'Anjou

That is one of the good things about RTR, it creates it's own folder, so you can play vanilla and RTR.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

If you want a PBM that runs on a different mod, start one...
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

ETW Steam: Little Fox Member mini's Avatar

please don't, my signature cannot handle any more PBM's, too many lines :(

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

King of the Romans was a vanilla MTW2 rpg and it was incredibly fun. While I'm one of those who would choose EB as their favorite RTW mod by far I think an equally fun game could be made for another mod (or vanilla). It just takes someone to start one and drum up interest.

For a new rpg for RTW the only thing I would suggest is to pick a time period and/or faction different from the current games going on, that might people that aren't playing them. For example, one for a barbarian faction or a completely different setting like Rise of Persia...
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

If I started an RPG using Rome total Realism or XGM, would anybody be interested in playing with Bactria maybe?

I am up for it, sounds like fun! Bactria is an interesting faction choice! I just need to get ANOTHER Rome total war install....

you could probably get some of the rules from WotB, the rule sets wouldn't be to different. though you may want to find some way to make it unique and different.
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 06-13-2009 at 17:12.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Smile Re: RTW RPGs

I chose to use one of these mods because they are mod-foldered like EB, so you can play Vanilla, EB RTRPE and XGM on the same install.

really, wow that is convenient. I have never played any of them so I wouldn't know....
    Micheal D'Anjou

Smile Re: RTW RPGs

You could download them from here for XGM

and here For Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition although I would suggest that we play with Imperator II as it's better for Role playing.

If you are seriously considering this you should set up a sign up thread, see if you can rope in any players.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

EB is the only mod for rtw... if anyone ever tells you otherwise, they are full of it, and should be thrown in jail for a long long long long time.
    Last edited by Celtic_Punk; 06-29-2009 at 14:36.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

Quote Originally Posted by Silent hitman View Post
    If I started an RPG using Rome total Realism or XGM, would anybody be interested in playing with Bactria maybe?
    Baktria?!! count me in...they are one of the most fun Greekish factions to play

Is anyone interested in the SPQR mod? I know that it focuses mainly on Rome and has a challenging starting position plus with 0 turn recruitment it is fast paced and lots of fun, shame my comp can't really handle top end large or huge unit sizes.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khan View Post
    Is anyone interested in the SPQR mod? I know that it focuses mainly on Rome and has a challenging starting position plus with 0 turn recruitment it is fast paced and lots of fun, shame my comp can't really handle top end large or huge unit sizes.
    The WotB crew are working on starting a new game. It uses the EB mod instead of SPQR, and I think they're planning on playing a Gallic tribe, but it would still be based on RTW. If you're interested, try posting in this thread. I know they're looking for more players.