Thread: Move a character.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Move a character. -Creating Galatians

Could someone give me a hint on how to determine the coordinates for the move_character cheat?
    In my recent Aedui campain (after the previous was shoot down by a strange CTD) I am about to finish off the Arweni in Gaul. but in the last turn Ankyra rebelet to them (from Pontos) I would love to create the Galatians - but there is no FM there, so I want to move the Arveni leader from the besieged Gergovia to Ankyra.
    Last edited by Ower; 03-11-2008 at 17:24.

Default Re: Move a character.

Hi ower you can't use character_move cheat on the army or general which are placed in the city.

It would cause serious problems for your campaign.

Use this cheat only on armies or FM's which are visible on campaing map and of course out of the cities or forts.

I would recomand to you to lift the siege, give them a rest for little bit, and then when they move out of the city then teleport them in Galatia.

And to determine the coordinates you have to wrote following cheat when you place your cursor on the destination you want to use - show_cursorstat - and again never try to teleport them directly into the city but outside!
    Last edited by Bactron; 03-11-2008 at 17:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Bactron
    Hi ower you can't use character_move cheat on the army or general which are placed in the city.

It would cause serious problems for your campaign.

Use this cheat only on armies or FM's which are visible on campaing map and of course out of the cities or forts.

I would recomand to you to lift the siege, give them a rest for little bit, and then when they move out of the city then teleport them in Galatia.
    Thanks for the info.
    Could I ask where could I find the coordinates? and If I can move e character into a city or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ower
    Thanks for the info.
    Could I ask where could I find the coordinates? and If I can move e character into a city or not?
    After hitting ~ button type in / show_cursorstat / then those two numbers will pop out (for example 177, 150)

Never teleport things from or to a city, use it only when they are outside.

Also if there is for example Arverni FM with the name Aneirin oi Lugos his internal name would be "Aneirin arvernioiLugos" that is what you will have to type into move_character cheat like move_character "Aneirin arvernioiLugos" 177, 150
    Last edited by Bactron; 03-11-2008 at 17:35.

There isnt a way to make the AI change their capital? Or is there? (other than conquering the city).

And how do I find out the internal names for characters of other factions?
    Is it always Name faction"second name"/"middle word"Surname? or are there any specialities
    Maybe the rebels.
    Last edited by Ower; 03-11-2008 at 18:13.

You can find the internal name in EB/Data/World/maps/campaign/imperialcampaign/descr strat txt

and it is different for various factions

for example Aedui's has - ofAedui or Saka has saka_soab etc.