Thread: Move a character.

Default Move a character. -Creating Galatians

Could someone give me a hint on how to determine the coordinates for the move_character cheat?
    In my recent Aedui campain (after the previous was shoot down by a strange CTD) I am about to finish off the Arweni in Gaul. but in the last turn Ankyra rebelet to them (from Pontos) I would love to create the Galatians - but there is no FM there, so I want to move the Arveni leader from the besieged Gergovia to Ankyra.
    Last edited by Ower; 03-11-2008 at 17:24.

Default Re: Move a character.

Hi ower you can't use character_move cheat on the army or general which are placed in the city.

It would cause serious problems for your campaign.

Use this cheat only on armies or FM's which are visible on campaing map and of course out of the cities or forts.

I would recomand to you to lift the siege, give them a rest for little bit, and then when they move out of the city then teleport them in Galatia.

And to determine the coordinates you have to wrote following cheat when you place your cursor on the destination you want to use - show_cursorstat - and again never try to teleport them directly into the city but outside!
    Last edited by Bactron; 03-11-2008 at 17:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Bactron
    Hi ower you can't use character_move cheat on the army or general which are placed in the city.

It would cause serious problems for your campaign.

Use this cheat only on armies or FM's which are visible on campaing map and of course out of the cities or forts.

I would recomand to you to lift the siege, give them a rest for little bit, and then when they move out of the city then teleport them in Galatia.
    Thanks for the info.
    Could I ask where could I find the coordinates? and If I can move e character into a city or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ower
    Thanks for the info.
    Could I ask where could I find the coordinates? and If I can move e character into a city or not?
    After hitting ~ button type in / show_cursorstat / then those two numbers will pop out (for example 177, 150)

Never teleport things from or to a city, use it only when they are outside.

Also if there is for example Arverni FM with the name Aneirin oi Lugos his internal name would be "Aneirin arvernioiLugos" that is what you will have to type into move_character cheat like move_character "Aneirin arvernioiLugos" 177, 150
    Last edited by Bactron; 03-11-2008 at 17:35.

There isnt a way to make the AI change their capital? Or is there? (other than conquering the city).

And how do I find out the internal names for characters of other factions?
    Is it always Name faction"second name"/"middle word"Surname? or are there any specialities
    Maybe the rebels.
    Last edited by Ower; 03-11-2008 at 18:13.

You can find the internal name in EB/Data/World/maps/campaign/imperialcampaign/descr strat txt

and it is different for various factions

for example Aedui's has - ofAedui or Saka has saka_soab etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bactron
    You can find the internal name in EB/Data/World/maps/campaign/imperialcampaign/descr strat txt

and it is different for various factions

for example Aedui's has - ofAedui or Saka has saka_soab etc.
    and for the rebels do they have the naming of their sub faction or someething special

And what about the captains, how do you move them?
    Last edited by Ower; 03-11-2008 at 18:54.

One last thing. What colour should the Galatian faction be?

@Ower,

move_character "Captain Soandso" x,y

There is not Galatian faction. Unless Pharnakes is asked about this. :D

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    @Ower,

move_character "Captain Soandso" x,y

There is not Galatian faction. Unless Pharnakes is asked about this. :D
    I know there isnt:P But I made one:P The if you read a bit higher. The Arveni got Ankyra by rebelion. And I finished of their settelments in gaul. So practicly they are now Galatians I moved some of theyr FM with their armies there so they would survive. To expres this change I would like so change their faction colour, so I am asking what would be apropriate for the Galatians.

What is wrong in the following line:

move_character "Lvcivs RomanvsCornelivsScipio" 105,123

It consistently tells me that there is no such character. But this is how he's called in descr_strat. I'm running out of options. He is not in a city.

Edit: Found the answer. It is simply

move_character "Lvcivs Romanvs" 105,123

Is the naming different with the Romans? I remember entering the gens and family name in 0.8 ???
    Last edited by Dubius Cato; 03-12-2008 at 23:21.

It's different.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thanks.

3 questions.
    How do you write pahlava names for the cheat with all the â and strange e-s?
    How do you move Eleuthuroi Armies- mainly characters?
    An how do you move agents around- I have a spy Ceatanis moc Liscos and I want to move him to Parhia take a look at how they are doing and then move him back but no matter what combination I try the cheat cant find the character.
    Last edited by Ower; 03-14-2008 at 14:19.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Pahlav names usually have an internal version using the normal version of all those symbols.

Rebels move just like any other character. Or try moving the rebel guys without worring about their last name, it will sometimes work.

The celts have a weird internal naming system to differenciate them from one another in the code. The have their (uncapitalized) faction name in front of their last name (no spaces). Ex: "Xxxxx moc Litaviccos" would be "Xxxxx arvernimocLitaviccos".

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

I´m trying to move some Roman guys and I seem to be doing everything right apart from one thing: they don´t move. I write in everything correctly and the console doesn´t give me a "couldn´t find character" or "incorrect position" or anything, just blank like it is when a console cheats works, just that the guys don´t move. Any help?
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

I know each faction has their unique adon in the internal name the Arverni hav Name arvenioi/mocLast.name(father name). Parthia has ofparthia there Aedui have ofaedu etc.
    But no matter what i do the spy does not want to move by the cheat. Tried Ceatanis ofaedu, Ceatanis ofaedumoc.., Ceatanis moc... nothing works. I only get character not found.
    The same for the rebel FM. when I tried to move him and just wrote his name it in seted an invisible rebel FM on that spot. Who is now 55 and does not block movement or anything, only you cant click on that title. But the original army did not budge, so I took it down - capitans work just fine even for the rebels, but not the FMs.

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo
    I´m trying to move some Roman guys and I seem to be doing everything right apart from one thing: they don´t move. I write in everything correctly and the console doesn´t give me a "couldn´t find character" or "incorrect position" or anything, just blank like it is when a console cheats works, just that the guys don´t move. Any help?
    Most likely you had a guy within one of your cities with the same name as the guy you were trying to move. You thus moved the guy in the city out of the city but have caused an error where he is a ghost. Try putting your cursor over the spot and seeing if it says there is a family member there. (Bugs like this are why I always use the "character_reset" cheat to varify the name of the character before using any cheats that can cause bugs.)
    I know each faction has their unique adon in the internal name the Arverni hav Name arvenioi/mocLast.name(father name). Parthia has ofparthia there Aedui have ofaedu etc.
    But no matter what i do the spy does not want to move by the cheat. Tried Ceatanis ofaedu, Ceatanis ofaedumoc.., Ceatanis moc... nothing works. I only get character not found.
    The same for the rebel FM. when I tried to move him and just wrote his name it in seted an invisible rebel FM on that spot. Who is now 55 and does not block movement or anything, only you cant click on that title. But the original army did not budge, so I took it down - capitans work just fine even for the rebels, but not the FMs.
    I'm not sure about that spy, but as for the rebel guy... Sometimes when two characters happen to have the same exact name (internally), it becomes impossible to cheat because the game will only recognize the one guy.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 03-15-2008 at 03:31.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Actually the governor of Kirtan has mysteriously vanished, that might be it. Onyl problem is that his name was completely different from the guy I tried to move.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

O anyone has an Idea on how to move the agent in the game??

@Ower

It's not "Ceanatis ofaeduimoc etc". It's simply "Ceanatis aeduimoc etc". There may be more than one Ceanatis ingame. If you moved him but saw nothing, chances are that the Ceanatis you actually moved was an FM in a city. In which case you have screwed it up because you now have an invisible FM that will only reappear if you move him back into a city. Try 'CeanatisA etc' all the way to 'CeanatisZ'. There are slots for 27 Ceanatises, and it doesn't go in order, so one may be plain Ceanatis and the other may be CeanatisR to the computer. I've had to trial and error before just to find the right one. Usually what I do is I give it a trait that will have a message drop down the side of the screen first. Like LogisticalSkill, or GoodAdministrator, or Scout. (I move characters a lot because I manipulate world politics like crazy to keep them all alive for me to destroy) After the message drops down the side of the screen, I check to see if it is the right Ceanatis, for example, or the right Marcvs. If it isn't, rinse and repeat until you get it. If it is, just proceed with your move. It's better than trial and error with the move command only to have you move an invisible character out from some city, you don't know which one.

Also, I have noticed for FMs that if one is adopted or married into the family, he may not be assigned a console name until the next gaming session. I once tried to move Arsham, my new Hayasdan FM, trying all sorts of combinations, only to find that none worked. Then I completely turned off the game, reloaded it and went back in, and one of my old combinations (just plain 'Arsham') worked. So that was that.
    Last edited by pezhetairoi; 03-16-2008 at 15:51.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Thx pezhetairoi

Could someone help me with the internal name of Lvcivs Cornelivs Blasio?
    I tried "Lvcius Romavns" (that vas L.C.Scipio),"Lvcius RomavnsA-Z" "Lvcius Romavnscornelivs", "Lvcius RomavnscornelivsBlasio" "Lvcius RomavnsCornelivs",
    "Lvcius RomavnsBlasio" even "Lvcius cornelivsBlasio". exept the first one, (which was another character) I laways get the characete nof found error.

Could someone help me with the internal name of Lvcivs Cornelivs Blasio?
    If he's not a starting character so there is no way to know exactly. The internal naming convention for Roman FMs is:

firstname[A-K] Romanvs

So it's one of Lvcivs Romanvs, LvcivsA Romanvs, ..., LvcivsK Romanvs
    Last edited by Atilius; 05-17-2008 at 17:38.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Atilius
    If he's not a starting character so there is no way to know exactly. The internal naming convention for Roman FMs is:

firstname[A-K] Romanvs

So it's one of Lvcivs Romanvs, LvcivsA Romanvs, ..., LvcivsK Romanvs
    Lvcivs Romanvs - that is another Lucius -scipio
    I tried LvcivsA-Z Romanvs id dit not work
    Does someone know where the problem could be?????

the cahracter name is Lvcivs Cornelivs Blasio (he someone born adoptet.. by the ai) hes stuck I want to set him free

I always move the guy I want to move convetionally just a bit, then use the character_reset command to find his name. (When you get his name right he will get all of his move points back. And this way you won't move the wrong guy and cause a bug.)

If you tried all of the names and none of them work except of other characters, there is a chance that he actually has the same internal name as one of those other guys and the game only recognizes the one guy.

That sucks, but it could be the problem MAA thx. Well I came around it, did not want to wait. (a atack whit one unit his shure victory and movment from the title)