Thread: Scripting Question: Spawning Armies and setting thier Goals.

Default Scripting Question: Spawning Armies and setting thier Goals.

I've actually done a good deal of moddification for Europa Barbarorum, but mainly in the units, buildings, Map and very little in scripting.

What I'd like to do is either
    1. Setup armies to spawn based on triggers for the Romani taking certain territories. For instance Arminus would spawn with a LARGE German army when the Romanii capture territory accross the Rhine. I'd like to set this kind of thing to happen all along the Rhine/Danube frontiers. When the Romanii capture a territory on one side of the ban, an army would spawn on the other side of the bank and invade. This could be based on the early germanic invations and the invasions of th dacians and carpathii tribes.

2. Setup automatic timers for creating large barbarian armies to spawn every so many turns, based on a certain amount of chance, IF the Romanii haven't held a provice for so many turns. This would keep the Romanii on thier toes in europe and make things much more interesting from a player perspective.

I've a reasonble idea of how to accomplish these things in the show script. I don't think it would be THAT hard, but I'd like to see the script which spawns armies first. I've only ever spawned armies at the beginning of a campaign. Not via script. Does anyone know where this can be found in the EB backround script?

Also, and most importantly, when an army is spawned, how in the HELL do you set it with a goal, like "attack settlement over there and pillage" or something? I'm using the BI mod to run the game, which seems to offer much better campaign AI, but I still can't figure this out. How is this accomplished via th Yuezhi invasion?

If I can get this perfectly, I'd love to give it to the EB team to use for EB 1.1; if they think it worthy.

Default Re: Scripting Question: Spawning Armies and setting thier Goals.

Bueller?

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I believe it is impossible to make the AI attack a certain settlement via scripting. That is why the Yeuzhi only spawn if you are a faction that is nearby them, which will most likely make the act agressively (because the AI hates the player).

I haven't done any modding, but take a look here.

interesting. Will give it a shot with EB 1.1 when it comes out.