Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baktrian Indian Units

Default Baktrian Indian Units

Good day. I got something puzzling me.
    In the unit description of the Hoplitai Indohellenikoi, there is mentioning of "more elite/professional" Indo-Hellen line infantry like "Indikoi Pezhetairoi" and another one. However, I have not been able to find those in the Recruitment Viewer. Are these units mentioned there in any way in the game? Or were they just planned at some point in developement and never realized?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek View Post
    "Dahae always ride single file to hid their numbers, these tracks are side by side. And these arrow wounds, too accurate for Dahae, only Pahlavi Zradha Shivatir are so precise..."
    <-- My "From Basileion to Arche - A Makedonian AAR" Memorial Balloon.

Default Re: Baktrian Indian Units

Blame the unit limit.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

While there aren&#180;t any Indikoi Pezhetairoi, there are more elite/professional Indo-Hellen infantry then the Hoplitai Indohellenikoi, namely the Indohellenikoi Eugeneis Hoplitai (Indo-Greek Noble Hoplites), basically elite hoplites.

Edit: Now that you mention it, the Hoplitai Indohellenikoi description does mention more Indo-Hellen troops, like in this qoute from the unit description at the EB website:
    "In Baktrian and Saka armies, they are best used to support the more expert and elite linesman around them, the Pezhetairoi Indoi and Hoplitai Indoi Beltistoi in the case of the burgeoning Baktrian empire and the Hoplitai Hellenikoi and Agema Hellenikon in the case of the Philhellenic Saka Kingdom."
    It does appear that some Indo-Hellenic units were cut from the game.
    Last edited by General Appo; 03-15-2008 at 15:14.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Even the concept drawing had been done... If I'm not mistaken it can be found on be webpage. But there was no way to fit it in any of existing pikeman models

EB ship system destroyer and Makedonia FC

Marzbân-î Jundîshâpûr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar

Serves you guys, right. Stupid phalangite armies (As if Blue Death wasn't deadly enough )

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

Meh, you know what's there to say on yet more flavours of Horse Archers...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Marzbân-î Jundîshâpûr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar

How can you say that, I mean all I have ever asked for was fifty-six different flavours of invinci... I mean sixty-five highly competent light h... I mean... Gah, leave me alone!

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

Quote Originally Posted by The Persian Cataphract
    How can you say that, I mean all I have ever asked for was fifty-six different flavours of invinci... I mean sixty-five highly competent light h... I mean... Gah, leave me alone!

@General Appo: That's the passage I was talking about.

@O'ETAIPOS: No, there aren't any on the Website. There's only the one for the Indo-Greek Noble Hoplite.

@The Persian Cataphract:
    Last edited by machinor; 03-15-2008 at 18:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek View Post
    "Dahae always ride single file to hid their numbers, these tracks are side by side. And these arrow wounds, too accurate for Dahae, only Pahlavi Zradha Shivatir are so precise..."
    <-- My "From Basileion to Arche - A Makedonian AAR" Memorial Balloon.

Enemy of cauliflower Member Visitor13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keravnos
    Blame the unit limit.
    Hmm, isn't the unit limit double if you use Alexander.exe? I know few Total War players own that expansion, but for those that do, additional, over-the-limit units could be introduced in a patch somewhere down the line, maybe?

That way you could introduce the Indo-Hellenic units, the sixty-five additional decent horse archers TPC is talking about, and a Roman unit in lorica segmentata.

(gets knocked out and carried off by a bunch of Gaesatae)
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Heed the wisdom in Omanes Alexandropolites' signature!

death is just the beginning Member marodeur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor13
    (gets knocked out and carried off by a bunch of Gaesatae)
    Bye, bye mister-beaten-to-pie...

Quote Originally Posted by keravnos
    Blame the unit limit.
    ♪♪ ♪ Don't blame it on the sun-shine
    Don't blame it on the moon-light ,
    Don't blame it on the good-times
    Blame the unit limit ♪ ♪♪
    7 out of 10 people like me ,
    I'm not going to change for the other three .

You know, it's freaky how we're EB-ising all sorts of things. o.O Jokes, popular songs...

...For a moment there something occurred to me on doing an EB version of 'Copacabana', then it slipped away.

/irrelevant

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

The Galatian, AtB Member Member Admetos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor13
    Hmm, isn't the unit limit double if you use Alexander.exe? I know few Total War players own that expansion, but for those that do, additional, over-the-limit units could be introduced in a patch somewhere down the line, maybe?
    *cough*AtB

Support Asia ton Barbaron, the Eastern Mod for EB, on The Guild and TWC.
    Former barman at the EB Tavern.
    My balloons:

AtB?

Also, is it true that Alexander has twice the max no of units?

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by brymht
    AtB?

Also, is it true that Alexander has twice the max no of units?
    Although I never visited their mod nor know nothing of it, nor do I have Alexander, a quick look into his banner shows AtB would mean the following: "Asia" "ton" "Barbarorum". Human abstract intelligence rocks.

EDIT: Since I don't have Alex, nor do I intend to buy it, I'd enjoy that EB'd stick to RTW only.
    Last edited by Jolt; 03-19-2008 at 17:28.
    BLARGH!

Enemy of cauliflower Member Visitor13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Admetos
    *cough*AtB
    So Asia ton Barbaron will be Alex-exclusive? I must have missed that. But wouldn't that severely limit the number of players of the mod?
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Heed the wisdom in Omanes Alexandropolites' signature!

The Galatian, AtB Member Member Admetos's Avatar

No. It's for BI.

Sorry that post must have been a bit confusing. I was referring to the fact that it's likely we'll have more Indo-Greek units.
    Last edited by Admetos; 03-19-2008 at 21:04.

Support Asia ton Barbaron, the Eastern Mod for EB, on The Guild and TWC.
    Former barman at the EB Tavern.
    My balloons:

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Soooooooooooooo... might we maybe, possibly, (hopefully,) see an (unofficial) expansion for EB based on Alexander?

Alex EB
    ;)

I guess it wasnt that hard to see that thread, might be discussed there isnt it ?

I have a problem: I am playing as Baktria and I'm unable to recruit either the Indo-Iranian heavy cavalry (I'm in the right province I believe, Gandhara) and I have the highest attainable building with the Indo-Greek Noble Hoplites available. Nor am I able to recruit the Infantry Guild Warriors as I seem unable to build the next level of Foreign troop building (Indian spearmen and longbowmen are recruitable but not this most appealing melee unit).

By the way, I'm using EB 1 and the Alexander modification (maybe the latter is the problem).

Could someone let me know what I might do to solve this.

Apart from this I'm having a cracking game and more or less control the east from the Indus to the Euphrates.

Congrats to everyone associated with this mod. It is unbelievably fun to play and I've only really enjoyed playing as Pontus, Hayasdan and now Baktria. Ifd ever one of you guys is in Melb, Australia, let me know, I'll by you a beer or two, or three.

Thanks in advance.

You could use the Recruitment Viewer to figure out what level of what barracks you'd need... (RV for short, found among the stickies in these fora...)
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 04-07-2008 at 11:49.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo
    While there aren´t any Indikoi Pezhetairoi, there are more elite/professional Indo-Hellen infantry then the Hoplitai Indohellenikoi, namely the Indohellenikoi Eugeneis Hoplitai (Indo-Greek Noble Hoplites), basically elite hoplites.

Edit: Now that you mention it, the Hoplitai Indohellenikoi description does mention more Indo-Hellen troops, like in this qoute from the unit description at the EB website:
    "In Baktrian and Saka armies, they are best used to support the more expert and elite linesman around them, the Pezhetairoi Indoi and Hoplitai Indoi Beltistoi in the case of the burgeoning Baktrian empire and the Hoplitai Hellenikoi and Agema Hellenikon in the case of the Philhellenic Saka Kingdom."
    It does appear that some Indo-Hellenic units were cut from the game.

So here's a stupid question: Are we going to see some of these fellows on EB2?

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

EB2 has the same unit limit as EB1.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

Quote Originally Posted by strategos alexandros
    EB2 has the same unit limit as EB1.

I thought that the EB team kept like 40 spaces open to introduce new units into EB2.

1.0 completed:
    -Baktria

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

So these units will be in if there is another Indo-greek faction or for the possible Mauryan Satrapy.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

I think that once the new factions have had their units assigned, then we can talk again, but I will say again that I consider the new factions as our top priority, NOT enriching existing ones, which are mighty fine to begin with (so far as units are concerned).

Besides, I don't think you can ask more from a faction in which you can recruit Makedonikoi peltastai (formerly known as pheraspides), Sreni infantry, Kambojas, Dahae nobles and even the odd Yuehzi unit if you expand that far.

I think Baktrias' roster is more than ok, personally. As I said before the units' limit dictates that those slots should be given elsewhere. We had 500 unit limit for 20 factions, and now we have to make do with the same unit limit for 30 of them. You do the math.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Thanks Tellos Athenaios. That RV is handy but I'm not sure it solves my problem. You see, I have a level 5 native (to faction) unit building already built but when I look in my building roster a foreign unit building apart from those I've already built (level 2/3? I think) is unavailable (my pop. is currently over 18,000 in Tashk.). From looking at RV I need level 4 for infantry Guild Warriors and Indo-Iranian heavy cavalry. Is there some other building I need to construct for level 4 foreign units building to appear or am I unable to make this building because I have Baktrian Homeland style government here. Do they only appear where government is level 2, 3 and 4?

Again, thanks in advance.

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Homeland can only build up to level 2 foreign barracks, but it can build up to level 5 native barracks. The second level government can build up to level 3 foreign barracks and level 4 native barracks. Third level can build up to level 4 foreign barracks and level 3 native barracks. Fourth level government can build up to level 5 foreign barracks and level 2 native barracks.

So to answer your question, you need to have the level 3 or level 4 governments to be able to build the barracks necessary to recruit those Infantry Guild Warriors as well as the Indo-Iranian Heavy Cavalry.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Instead of the Phalanx guy we get 3 flavours of "heavy Indian/Bactian Hoplite with Boitrian helmet" about 40 exactly-the-same horse archers and an infinite amount of "Gallic/Germanic guy with sword/spear, Javelin, and shield.

Although I would rather have that than "Phalangitai number 23"
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast