Thread: Advice

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Advice

Hey All,

I have a problem. My Wrists are healing up, but I still have tenditions. They are healing up very slowy, and I'm thinking about seeing a specilast (pardon my spelling),but hate to have blood tests (hate needles!). But I can’t heal easily, because I go to school…. Online. So I weight liftied today, and I screwed my wrists up some more (my fault). But even when I rest my wrists awhile, it seems to get better, but slowy, but sometimes it doesn’t. I love to come back to .org on a normal basis like I was at one time (3 times a week for 40 minutes I can’t fricknig stand and being away for 4-5 days at a time). What should I do?

Thanks,

AWC88

man, I got bad spelling

Default Re: Advice

Take a couple months and wait for your wrists to heal.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

It's either take a break until you heal fully or continue to do what you are now and deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Its not good to do something at a half, and leave the other without finishing.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Give your body time to heal.

No weightlifting and reduce your PC time to a strict minimum.

Don't be afraid of boredom, you'll notice that there are plenty of other things in life

Do what your doctor tells you to do or it will only get worse
    Last edited by Andres; 03-18-2008 at 11:06.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Default Sv: Advice

If you need to do some weightlifting (like you get crazy if you don't execrise fro 3 days), try to find some moves that wont make the wrists work too much (not work= impossible). And if you have tendinotis, you really should work "light" for a while (you don't have to stop, but you need to get at a level where your body can heal): oh, with tendinotis: a lot of water, less red meat... Avoid white wine...

Blog Entries

Hey,

Yeah I know. No WeightLifting I can deal with, but computer is hm... a problem.

.Org I can lmit my time with. Here the thing. When you go to High School on the computer all the time... THat's a little problem you see. If I don't go on some days to do my homework (and I have to spend hours during it sometmes ), I'll just fail the HW and the tests. So I mean, I can stop playing, stop .org and such, but it be to no use if I can't you know, get rid of the days that I have a lot of HW so I can actually heal my wrists.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Can't you "dont go to school by serious problems?"

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}AntiWarmanCake88
    Org I can lmit my time with. Here the thing. When you go to High School on the computer all the time... THat's a little problem you see. If I don't go on some days to do my homework (and I have to spend hours during it sometmes ), I'll just fail the HW and the tests. So I mean, I can stop playing, stop .org and such, but it be to no use if I can't you know, get rid of the days that I have a lot of HW so I can actually heal my wrists.
    When is your next holiday? Easter? Even not going on the computer for a weekend could probably help in the long run.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caius
    Can't you "dont go to school by serious problems?"

I wish that is possible Caius

Yes Manic, Easter. I have Thursday-Tuesday off. so I have to go online Friday-SUnday to finish up Homework, but I don't expect to go on Thursday and Friday, and Tuesday. So those 3 days of break, plus limited time on HW(do good on HW anyhow) should help. Today I spent about 20 minutes on .org and did minor weights, but no big deal.

Thanks All!

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

No leisure activity is worth risking a permanent disability over. Most of my waking hours are spent in front of a computer, and my job requires writing in excess of 5000 words per day. I take great care to use wrist rests, elbow protection, and other tools to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.

Of course, schooling is a different thing altogether, since you can't just opt out of it. If the amount of typing required for your education would cause further physical harm, you should very seriously consider either changing your schooling method or altering your typing style. If you can't attend a real school instead of an online one, perhaps you should try switching to a vertical ergonomic keyboard.

http://www.safetype.com/

From what I have heard, these keyboards are the best way to decrease the risk of injuries from extensive typing. It is possible that these are quack medicine claims, but if they truly do perform as advertised, then you may want to consider picking one up. They are not cheap, but the price is negligible in comparison to medical expenses and living with pain for the rest of your life. There are very few things in life worth investing in that are more important than your health.

I had (and still do to an extent) that same prob War. Best thing you can do is stop using em and see a physical therapist. I just kept letting em heal up till they felt fine, then using em and they started hurting all over again. I repeated this so many times you think I would have learnt. :P This went on for over half a year before I went to see a physical therapist who gave me certain exercises and instructions, then for another 5 or so months I was not able to do any normal work with my wrists.
    My recovery period was greatly lengthened cause I didn't go to see the therapist right away, and because of that, my wrists will never fully heal. Let me tell you something, your wrists are not things you want to take chances with. Go through the pain of handing your teachers and excuse and living uncomfortably for a few months now if it is what you have to do, just do not mess your wrists up.

Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Blog Entries

Maybe try running? That'll keep you in shape, and you won't be putting any pressure on your wrists.