Thread: No Battlefield Borders/Unit Indicator Arrows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No Battlefield Borders/Unit Indicator Arrows

Finally started playing EB 1.0 after working on my mod for awhile. Two minor things really annoyed me about the battles (1) the bright glowing battlefield borders and (2) the unit indicator arrows that show if you've selected a unit that's offscreen.

Everyone knows that in antiquity the field of battle was marked beforehand with a glowing red chalk powder like a football field Really kills immersion for me.

So I got rid of them. Now you can really enjoy EB's gorgeous scenery as you chase routers off the field!

If anyone's interested, I uploaded the two files removing the borders and arrows to Filefront - Download Link.

Simply extract the .zip file to the EB directory.

Word of warning - this will overwrite EB's #unit_indicator_arrow.tga, so if you want it back at some point, back it up!

Here's some pics showing some routing units being chased off the battlefield with no borders showing:

Oh and thanks to EB's developers for making such a kick-ass mod! Cheers!

Read The House of Seleukos: The History of the Arche Seleukeia
    for an in-depth and fascinating history of the heirs of Seleukos Nikator.

Default Re: No Battlefield Borders/Unit Indicator Arrows

Funny, those red borders dissapeared for me and I want them back on! Does anyone know how?

cheers
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

Quote Originally Posted by TWFanatic
    Funny, those red borders dissapeared for me and I want them back on! Does anyone know how?

cheers
    Just delete the battlefield_border.tga.dds file in the EB/textures folder! I suppose you wouldn't be interested in a mini-mod removing strat_map borders then would you?

Quote Originally Posted by socal_infidel
    Just delete the battlefield_border.tga.dds file in the EB/textures folder! I suppose you wouldn't be interested in a mini-mod removing strat_map borders then would you?
    thx for this socal infidel, am liking it alot! and what is the the strat_map borders btw?

Quote Originally Posted by ombudsman
    thx for this socal infidel, am liking it alot! and what is the the strat_map borders btw?
    Cool! Glad you like it! Makes battles better IMO.

Oh, and I've been tinkering around with my mod for M2TW and have removed the province borders you see on the map. So the map is free of those grey border lines for rebel province and coloured lines showing faction province borders. Makes the game more...shall we say, interesting now knowing where one province begins and one province ends. But visually I like it a lot better. You can take in the map in all its glory!

Not a RTW modder, but I imagine something similar would be possible for EB.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by socal_infidel
    Cool! Glad you like it! Makes battles better IMO.

Oh, and I've been tinkering around with my mod for M2TW and have removed the province borders you see on the map. So the map is free of those grey border lines for rebel province and coloured lines showing faction province borders. Makes the game more...shall we say, interesting now knowing where one province begins and one province ends. But visually I like it a lot better. You can take in the map in all its glory!

Not a RTW modder, but I imagine something similar would be possible for EB.

Cheers!

that does sound interesting indeed, i think ill see if i can figure out how it works and try to mod it in. Will definitely try out PDER when I get a chance, looks good!