Thread: Slow Loading and Turns in EB 1.0

Unhappy Slow Loading and Turns in EB 1.0

Hi, I am addicted to EB now that I have it, and I really never thought this mod would be funner than original RTW but I was really blown away by all the content and history. Anyway, and I don't really know if this topic has been murdered to death on here yet (I've searched but only found a patch fix for .72 or whatever) but what's really dampening the fun on the mod for me is the extremely long loading times (on the turns too), I could actually take a small nap by the time it got finished. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to make it go faster. I'm really not too computer literate so you'll have to explain it to me in depth if you could, that would be nice :) I'm currently using EB 1.0 with a 256mb comp (If that helps) Any and all responses are appreciated.
    Oh the Celts, they love their naked half stack men that can effortlessly beat full stacks of Sweboz heavy's...

Default Re: Slow Loading and Turns in EB 1.0

khm.... this is only a few threads down
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=100801
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

I had the same problem. Your machine probably isn't powerful enough to run EB,because that was what they team told me.
    Last edited by Spartan198; 03-23-2008 at 17:55.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Ah, thanks. I've heard of that client-ruler thing but I don't know where to get it.
    Last edited by Wernicke; 03-23-2008 at 18:31.
    Oh the Celts, they love their naked half stack men that can effortlessly beat full stacks of Sweboz heavy's...

Quote Originally Posted by Wernicke
    Ah, thanks. I've heard of that client-ruler thing but I don't know where to get it.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96967
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

The site that the EBBS modified script thing is on won't let me download it because the file is damaged or something. Is there some way I can manually delete the client-ruler script or another site I can download it from?

the download just worked for me...and yes, you can manually delete the client-ruler portion
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

OH! I had to download a winrar thing, now I have the text file, so what do I do with it? Or am I good to go now?

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Man, only 256 megabytes of RAM. Are you loading times upwards of 5 minutes or something?

You really need to have at least 1 gigabyte of ram to play this mod comfortably and even then the wait between turns is a minute, not to mention the graphics card and processor must be good as well.

The thing that takes away the client ruler hacks away about 40% of the script, meaning you should get a marked decrease in loading times, but I doubt it'll be enough to make the game play comfortably.

As to your question. If you read all the text under the download in that posting, you would've seen the answer. So you don't have to check anymore, it's .../EB/Data/scripts/show_me. So stick that text file in that folder.
    Last edited by Korlon; 03-24-2008 at 01:31.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Thanks. It does decrease the turns pretty well, and I think I have 500 something mb of RAM (Wasnt thinking when I typed 256). The initial loading is like 10 mins on here, and loading battles is quite lengthy as well - but the battles are smooth with no lag or anything.