Thread: Is it possible...

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Default Is it possible...

...to edit the idle stances of units? I like how Pezhetairoi and like units stand at arms,with their shields held over their chests,rather than with them hanging down at their sides.

I somehow doubt it is possible,but Spartiatai and other elite classical hoplitai units would look far more disciplined with this kind of idle stance.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Default Re: Is it possible...

It's probably possible. I would think you'd just need to edit some animations.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Combustion Member beatoangelico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korlon
    It's probably possible. I would think you'd just need to edit some animations.
    yes, you need to edit the animations (that afaik isn't an easy work)

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Possible ? Oh, certainly. Just a wee bit difficult...

Anyway, in this case also uncalled for. The damn aspis weighed a ton (well, 6-10 kg or thereabouts by what I've read but close enough for most intents and purposes), and when not immediately needed it was either put onto the ground to lean against the owner's legs, or the upper interior rim hooked onto the shoulder to take some of the weight off the poor shield arm.

Any idiot knew enough to save his strenght and stamina to the actual combat, after all.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    Possible ? Oh, certainly. Just a wee bit difficult...

Anyway, in this case also uncalled for. The damn aspis weighed a ton (well, 6-10 kg or thereabouts by what I've read but close enough for most intents and purposes), and when not immediately needed it was either put onto the ground to lean against the owner's legs, or the upper interior rim hooked onto the shoulder to take some of the weight off the poor shield arm.

Any idiot knew enough to save his strenght and stamina to the actual combat, after all.
    Yeah,the weight of the shield did come to mind when I thought about this. I'm only playing around with a few personal customizations to pair up with my favored no plagues / one-turn recruiting alterations.
    And I know what the Greek word for it is,but I just used 'shield' because I had somewhere important to be at the time and had only a few seconds to type that up.

Maybe I'm mistaken here,but I'm beginning to get the feeling that you don't seem to like me. Did I say something here that offended you?
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

By no means. It's just the way I tend to talk, and I've been unusually snarky lately in general. While I do have a (short) "hate list", you're not on it.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

afterall, ming the merciless is his idol..
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    By no means. It's just the way I tend to talk, and I've been unusually snarky lately in general. While I do have a (short) "hate list", you're not on it.
    Oh,I see. Well,that's a relief. How about a few guidelines for staying off that list?
    The last thing I wanna do is offend anybody,least of all someone who idolizes Ming the Merciless.
    Last edited by Spartan198; 03-27-2008 at 20:56.

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198
    Oh,I see. Well,that's a relief. How about a few guidelines for staying off that list?
    The last thing I wanna do is offend anybody,least of all someone who idolizes Ming the Merciless.
    Do not to say "Katanas rock dude! LOL" in any post whatsoever. This will work with most people.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

Quote Originally Posted by strategos alexandros
    Do not to say "Katanas rock dude! LOL" in any post whatsoever. This will work with most people.
    I'd probably never say that anyway. I'd take a xiphos any day. Katanas,to me,are far too long and clumsy to be used on foot,anyay.

But duly noted,nonetheless. What about just "LOL" by itself,though? That's an expression I use all the time (at least when there aren't any of these --> ).
    Last edited by Spartan198; 03-27-2008 at 23:10.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

I believe LOL when used as anything else then as a mean of expressing that you are in fact laughing out loud is generally a bit looked down upon among many of the more senior members of this forum, of which I dare say Watchman are a part of. I must also confess that I agree with this view on uncalled usage of the abbreviation LOL.
    Also, any true EB fan knows that the mighty Romphaia is the best weapon ever to have existed before the invention of pink blankets.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo
    I believe LOL when used as anything else then as a mean of expressing that you are in fact laughing out loud is generally a bit looked down upon among many of the more senior members of this forum, of which I dare say Watchman are a part of. I must also confess that I agree with this view on uncalled usage of the abbreviation LOL.
    "Laughing out loud" is the only usage I know of. I honestly can't think of anything else to put together like that.
    But if this alternate "LOL" usage is as profane as you're hinting,I'll gladly stop using it.
    Also, any true EB fan knows that the mighty Romphaia is the best weapon ever to have existed before the invention of pink blankets.
    In single combat,I do like the Romphaia,definitely. Can't go wrong with a weapon that can cut a man and his armor in half lengthwise. But my username has nothing to do with "Halo" (in fact,due to that possible confusion,I think I'll go in and add "Warrior" or something to it after I get responses from some PMs I sent out from here as my current username),so I'll stick with the classical spear,xiphos,and aspis combo.

And I know the secret to defeating a pink blanket.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Pour bleach on it and turn it white. Mwahaha!

Sure that works in the short run, but have you ever tried it against an entire Purble Blanket tribe? Unless you&#180;re a ghost or some sort of wierd undead zombie, I very much doubt it.

The thing about LOL is that some people use it everywhere, even when they can&#180;t possibly be laughing out loud.
    For example: "I&#180;m getting my ass kicked by the Romans lol"
    "I&#180;m really tired after school today lol"
    "I&#180;m feeling fuc*ing depressed and think I&#180;m gonna go kill myself now, seriously, I am, I&#180;m not joking or anything, I&#180;m gonna go jump of a bridge. Lol."

Okay that last part was a bit over the top, but you get the idea, or so I hope.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

The thing about LOL is that some people use it everywhere, even when they can&#180;t possibly be laughing out loud.
    For example: "I&#180;m getting my ass kicked by the Romans lol"
    "I&#180;m really tired after school today lol"
    "I&#180;m feeling fuc*ing depressed and think I&#180;m gonna go kill myself now, seriously, I am, I&#180;m not joking or anything, I&#180;m gonna go jump of a bridge. Lol."

Okay that last part was a bit over the top, but you get the idea, or so I hope.
    Yeah,I do,actually. I'll try to stop myself from using "LOL" here from now on.
    Sure that works in the short run, but have you ever tried it against an entire Purble Blanket tribe? Unless you&#180;re a ghost or some sort of wierd undead zombie, I very much doubt it.
    Yes,but you do not realize that I have married the super-hot daughter of the Bleach Empire's emperor and I command hundreds of thousands of Lorica Hamata-wearing Bleach legionaries and auxiliaries,and your tiny little Pink and Purple Blanket tribes cannot stand against our superior might!

Mwahaha,mwahaha,mwahaha...
    Last edited by Spartan198; 03-28-2008 at 02:57.

Keeper of the Pax Romanum Member TruePraetorian's Avatar

TruePraetorian's random, un-needed advice for the day/hour/whenever:

= LOL

Hope I helped
    The Gods envy us.

They envy us because we are mortal, because any moment might be our last.
    Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.
    You will never be lovlier than you are now.

We will never be here again.

lol there are lots lol of places you can put a lol if you want lol and lol can even be used as punctuation lol in a pinch lol

That is, unless you want people to understand what you're saying, and even actually bother to read it.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

Id like to have the Sword Units with the sword down when they are Idle, is it difficult to implement this? I dont like very much to see units keeping their sword like they were a sort of candles... id like to see how it fits with barbarian factions, imagine the Bataroas or any other...

Personally I'd like to see idle animations for units with large heavy shields (Roman legionaries or Hoplites and the like) to have the shield resting on the ground with one hand resting on the top. Damn that would look cool.

But that's just fantasy...

...lolzerz

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Sorry, couldn't resist

I actually LOL every time I see a Carthaginian general named Captain Iol because the 'I's in RTW are just 'l's.

In fact I might edit descr_names to include 'Rofl' and 'Lmao' as Carthaginian surnames LOL... I mean
    "Every good barbarian is a Greek, and every bad Greek is worse than a barbarian" - Megas Alexandros

Please read my Getic AAR:
    On Mighty Getia: Commentaries on the Pan-Thracian Empire

Heh, I&#180;ve actually changed some of the names for some of the factions. Not anything major, just to whatever I felt for at the moment. Which means that it&#180;s not always very mature names.
    The Appomination

Heh, I´ve actually changed some of the names for some of the factions. Not anything major, just to whatever I felt for at the moment. Which means that it´s not always very mature names.
    Can you add names just by typing them into the file?