Thread: EB crash to desktop on end turn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question EB crash to desktop on end turn

hi,
    on the beginning everything was ok. it was fresh install of rome 1.5, and all fixes (vista 32bit). i play as arverni, now is about 180 bc.
    on europe teritory i had no problems. all crashes has started in spain (fights against carthage),then in italy and now on sicilia i get CTD every second turn. sometimes after battles, sometimes when nothing happens on the end of the turn. i used temporary fixes but nothing helps. i have to start a game (sometimes twice) again from last save and is ok, or i resolving battle automatic. but it makes me crazy, the same battle i win manually, im loosing by automatic fight... and it change the whole plan of game.

maybe is something i can do for normal game?

http://uploaded.to/?id=29wnok last autosave, after two battles against carthage.
    Last edited by arrtuu; 03-27-2008 at 21:40.

Default Re: EB crash to desktop on end turn

You can use auto_win to control the outcome of autoresolve when you know you're going to win.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

good tip thanx. but...
    i found on other forum that i should press "~" and then command. but i cant get chat window by pressing ~ ? so i cant write anything :( could you tell me, maybe i should change something in preferences.txt ???

It's not necessarily ~ (tilde). On my own keyboard it's | (often called "pipe"). Your best bet is the key directly below Esc, IE to the left of 1.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

"Your best bet is the key directly below Esc, IE to the left of 1"- on my keyboard it is tilde sign. but it doesnt work. also any other button :( thats why i ask about preferences.txt (maybe something there is change, on another text file) ? i have no idea.

Hmm... There have been others with the same problem, but I can't remember what was the solution, if they found one. Perhaps if you install a Norwegian keyboard layout like mine? (Choose the Bokmål one, not Nynorsk).

================
    ================