Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not enough Threads

Knight of Fable... Member Mek Simmur al Ragaski's Avatar

Default Not enough Threads

I am getting distressed that every time i come onto this site there are only 3 or 4 new posts, and most of them are on the countless threads i have added, now either start posting more, people who are viewing the forums but havent made an account, make an account, because these forums are starting to become boring because there is nothing new, im starting to slip back into RTW, and that isnt normal!

Now can you please start making some more threads, posting a little more, posibly even inviting your friends to join the org, or i might have to convert to twcentre, and i dislike twcentre greatly....

As for newbies, i find great enjoyment in answering your queries, as atleast something new is coming to these forums, i have nothing else to do but play M2TW, RTW, so please ask away, im on most of the day everyday, apart from school and tommorrow, so please post and ask to your hearts content
    'It is not anger that drives me to destroy the Egyptian empire, but the promise of gold, a throne, and of all the ruling Pharaoh's concubines in a single night'
    -Me sacking the Egyptian cities...

Default Re: Not enough Threads

It is a worrying thought that the posts are drying up. There is a thread in the Colosseum saying the same thing.

Its getting so bad i might convert to be a twcentre'er (is that right???) Ive actually started playing RTW because there are most posts going into threads explaining about that than there are here
    'It is not anger that drives me to destroy the Egyptian empire, but the promise of gold, a throne, and of all the ruling Pharaoh's concubines in a single night'

Quote Originally Posted by Insane834
    Its getting so bad i might convert to be a twcentre'er (is that right???) Ive actually started playing RTW because there are most posts going into threads explaining about that than there are here
    RTW is a much better and more polished work.. not to mention unique in its own right unlike the sequel MTW2 is :)

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Well, we do have 86,000+ posts here. Could be people are running out of things to say.

I mostly hang around the throneroom. Except for some of the MP games there, I don't play vanilla much, so I don't spend a lot of time around the Citadel.

I'd imagine if that new patch is ever finished we'll see a flurry of posts here again.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Aaaah, i see redriver, i personally prefur M2TW, but RTW is truly a unique game in its own rights, i like the factions, and the units too

I can also see where you are coming from too Zim, and just about when is this new patch supposed to be released???? If not soon i dont think ill be around long enough...

Last I heard, they were avoiding giving a release date for the patch.

If it's really taking them this long to fix a few broken features advertised on the box the expansion is sold in, a lot of people here are going to be angry. If they're taking their time so they can address some of the other remaining issues (imbalances caused by fixing the shield bug, etc.), well, a lot of people here will still be angry and rail at CA because that's what they do, but I'll be happy.

I honestly havent had any problems with M2TW yet, i just install the patches because other people have had problems with M2TW

And there are way more posts here than at TWcenter ... it's a ghost town over there.
    Ulysses Everett McGill: I am the only daddy you got! I'm the damn pater familias!
    Wharvey Gal: But you ain't bona fide!

The most active Org forums are the Miscellanous ones.

M2TW lacks the diversity of units that RTW had, so I must admit that's why I had enough of it much sooner. All the factions feels much of the same for me. Don't know if it could've been done different, oh well.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Some of the most obvious bugs bothered me, but I've found the game very enjoyable since the most recent patch. Others will say the game is broken, and some will insult your intelligence if you disagree.

The shield bug thing bothers me a little, since now that it has been fixed units without shields have been nerfed. Balancing the regular game the way Kingdoms has been balanced, or even just rebalancing twohanders and non shield cavalry (which tends to be the most expensive cav) would make me very happy, but I'd be ok if they just fixed some of the features for Kingdoms.

I was completely hooked on RTW when i first installed it, although so was i with M2TW, but my addiction to RTW lasted around 2 months longer than my addiction to M2TW, so yh, but if you install M2TW first, which i highly dont reccomend, then you will probably stray from RTW a little bit, i find the things much better on RTW, but the graphics and battles are greatly improved, but if you play RTW, your certain to become a veteran before you would on M2TW, the AI are simply stupid on M2TW

I think I was hooked on both of them for about a year or so after buying them.

Now that I've played MTW2, though, I have a lot of trouble going back to RTW. I don't care about the graphics so much, but I find the battle and diplomatic AIs much weaker in RTW, even in vanilla. With moddable diplomacy in MTW2, it's even harder for me to go back.

I'm just waiting for EB2 or a Rome era mod for MTW2.

Played RTW for 6 months; M2TW for about 2-3.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

I find the diplomacy annoying in RTW, as i had almost crushed the gauls, they had two towns left, one with some gauls rabble in it, the other with their last general and a few other units in there, and i was camped outside with a full army outside, i wanted one of the cities and a ceasefire, i dont trust these Gauls and i was being attacked to my rear, and yet they still wouldnt accept my ceasefire, so i ended up slaughtering the lot of them Also, i find it stupid how you can keep asking them even after two tries, and most of the time they will keep declining your offers.

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

First TW game was Medieval: Total War. Thought it was a nice game but wasn’t exactly hooked. Then after installing R: TW I was completely hooked, the game was incredible. Have to say after playing MII: TW it is quite hard to go back to R: TW but I am still a big fan of R: TW and I’m still playing it these days.

The difference in the difficulty between M2TW and RTW are overwhelming, in RTW, i though i was safe as Scipii to capture the other two towns, i was wrong, both had large garrisons, while my general had 1 group of roman archers, 1 group of hastati, and one group of those javelin throwers, while the enemy had 4 groups of militia phalanxes, 2 groups of normal phalanxes, 2 javelin throwers and a general. I then decided i would go for the Carthaginian town, whihc had a small garrison before i realised the larger army it had sent to capture the greek city. I almost killed a group of town guards, but then i retreated to my own town. The AI vastly outnumbers and outclasses you in RTW, and this was just on medium difficulty!

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

R: TW and MII: TW are very similar games but the graphics in MII is almost near perfection, you really can’t ask for much more from a turn-based game.

Yeah i suppose so, i just wish the grass wasnt so long as i like looking at the massacres my armies cause in M2TW

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Insane834
    Yeah i suppose so, i just wish the grass wasnt so long as i like looking at the massacres my armies cause in M2TW
    Yeah I hate that as well.

I've been inactive recently for a couple of reasons. The main one being that my PC can't get onto the internet anymore, I think a cable is damaged, and I have to wait to get onto my parents PC to get online. Another reason is I am playing through the M2TW factions to catch up with everyone else, doing a combo of short/long/domination campaigns, currently just over half way through, though I managed to do 3 short campaigns in just over a week, was really chuffed with that. Now I'm doing a long campaign, or maybe to domination, with the HRE. Bring on the Reiters.

EDIT: As for the difficulty between RTW and M2TW, I think M2TW is tougher. I only completed two campaigns in RTW (domination as Julii, short as Britannia), but the Mongols/Timurids make managing eastern factions a nightmare. You have to spend all your funds building armies to camp around Yerevan then fight a WWII war of attrition for the next sixty turns.
    Last edited by Rhyfelwyr; 03-29-2008 at 00:14.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

I dont really like eastern factions, and by that i mean i have only unlocked 1, Egypt, i was looking forward to playing these, as i have been reading many books about them and they seem like an interesting sort of people, but all of the rebel cities were garrisoned to the brim with awesome soldiers, i forgot about economy, i was nowhere near any of my old chums in italy, and the only person i got diplomacy with was Turks, and i dislike the Turks intensely...

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Hmm, funnny after I said about my internet connection in the above post I came back up to my PC and noticed the little symbol said I was connected. Strange but great.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Find a mod you like, and forget about vanilla. I recommend Broken Crescent.

As far as Rome vs MTW2, I never bought Rome because I lost interest long before the bugs got well enough ironed out. MTW2 was right at the edge of that time frame too when 1.2 came out, and I've enjoyed the game ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by redriver
    RTW is a much better and more polished work.. not to mention unique in its own right unlike the sequel MTW2 is :)
    i couldnt disagree more. in the multiplayer rome is better, and for me the only reason is i gave up waiting an hour to get on m2tw lobby... easier to get on rome and has more players because the people who are sick of trying to log into m2tw are back on rome.

i personally found it hilarious the first game i played of rome after like a year of m2tw, the men run around the field like people from the silent movie era

as far as the campaign goes i feel m2 to be far superior, its not even close to me. it is as others have pointed out though...rome has more diverse units and factions but that is a virtue of its era, and that lack of that diversity shouldnt be held against m2..they did well with what they had...and modders have made it really good

but on the main topic, the org is much friendlier than twc, but twc has more action. just the stainless steel forum is more active than the m2tw citadel it seems...but there is more riff-raff
    Last edited by Callahan9119; 03-29-2008 at 02:14.
    And when the brazen cry of achilles
    Was heard among the trojans, all their hearts
    Were troubled, and the full-maned horses whirled
    The chariots backward, knowing griefs at hand...

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2 options insane:

stop spamming (please!)
    lurk the frontroom and play in the gameroom.

Capo had 1 post every 6 minutes for about 4 days.

Its a great way to spend your time.

Basically, expand your focus, post in more areas yourself. Engage in debates in the backroom or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Sorry could i have a link to that, and i do post elsewhere! Ill have you know ive been recently posting in the guides, new members and citadel sections, thank you very much!

Hi all. After reading your rant i thought id register.

Iv been browsing this forum since MTW. Some really useful guides here that have helped me out alot. Keep up the good work.

There is a difference between posting and posting to increase your post count.

Hi,

I game alot but I go through spurts with my games. I am always drawn back to tw games because of their immense replayability. I like all the choices I can make on the stratigic map and all the control I have over battles. I like the unique factions and units that I have to fight to conquer the world.

One problem I have though is that as my empire expands the difficulty level drops. At this point there are still plenty of AI stacks to defeat, but the battles become less crucial, my troops become replaceable and expendable, population control is a mess, my generals traits no longer matter as much, and everything that was once fun, now becomes time-consuming and annoying.

These are the game breakers for me and will probably be the reason I lose intrest in about two months. But, untill then, I'll probably post a few threads, and reply to a few more. Cya on the boards

As i said in my other thread, gaiseric, i also get bored as the game continues, i like to have a nice clean green population, each city garrisoned with enough units to keep the population happy, but the problem is i cant burn Edinburgh as the Scots, so that always ends up in a mess I dont even think i have went to the americas in M2TW, the original, i get that bored, i always decide to do another campaign when i am halfway through one campaign...

Thanks for registering St.Jimmy, its always nice to have someone new in the org, i can see over 100 people browsing in the 'Who's Online' list, i dont see why they dont just create an account so they can post here. Its always nice to see some new faces (picture faces, that is) here at the org...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast