Thread: Fixes or similiar things i should install?

Keeper of the Pax Romanum Member TruePraetorian's Avatar

Default Fixes or similiar things i should install?

I downloaded EB a few weeks ago, but just recently found a few pages with a list of fixes.

Do I need to do these fixes? Or is the version I downloaded up to date?

Also, I downloaded a mod that puts EB into the BI.exe (seeing as I couldnt do it too well). Are there any mods I should download to make my experience of EB more enjoyable? I've heard suggestions point to the First Cohort mod and the city mod...but im up for anything.

To top it off, im nearly finished with my "Factions staying alive without cities" minimod AKA hordeing minimod. It allows all factions to make a "last stand" so to speak; In other words when you take that last Hellon settlement it isnt over. It also allows/means cities that rebel in the homeland of the defeated faction may rebel back to said faction, ei. Alexandria back to the "dead" Ptolmoei, allowing dead empires to rise again.

It also gives Client Kingdoms a purpose..you can control their territory but they still will be your protectorate.

As of current, I am using one universal unit to represent the horde unit, "Citizen Militia". I dont know how close to the limit EB is, so that is why I cut back and only made one. If anyone has any suggestions on simple units for hordes I should implement please let me know.

But back to the main topic...err...yeah..any minimods I should download ?
    The Gods envy us.

They envy us because we are mortal, because any moment might be our last.
    Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.
    You will never be lovlier than you are now.

We will never be here again.

theweak-themighty-the CRAZIII Member craziii's Avatar

Default Re: Fixes or similiar things i should install?

go to the tech subforum, a stickied tread called 1.0 fixes, install all of them. some inportant ones that are not retroactive needs fresh campaigns, so it is better for you to install them before you start.

Keeper of the Pax Romanum Member TruePraetorian's Avatar

Finished my Mod if any of you guys are interested, its in the "EB unnoficial mods" thread.
    The Gods envy us.

They envy us because we are mortal, because any moment might be our last.
    Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.
    You will never be lovlier than you are now.

We will never be here again.

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craziii
    go to the tech subforum, a stickied tread called 1.0 fixes, install all of them. some inportant ones that are not retroactive needs fresh campaigns, so it is better for you to install them before you start.
    Not quite all, a couple are temporary fixes to be used if needed, without looking there's a traits nerf and something else (oasis?). These can be left unless you have problems (it does say all this in the descriptions above the fixes btw).
    None are included in 1.0 release however.
    Cheers