Hello, everyone, it has been a while.

It's been a few months since I last played M2. But starting it again reminded me about a thing that still puzzles me.

It's the castles.

To me, their recemblance to castles as I know them is quite limited. To me, they look like towns with maybe a slightly more upped defence. What I really would've liked to see in M2 was castles. That way the sieges would have had a bit more variety - a siege is a siege, but the siege battles could have been quite different - in a way, there is only one type of siege in the present game.

Just like real world towns and cities with a castle, the castle would have been surrounded by terrain elements, and naturally, dwellings. Outside the castle walls. The battles would have been more compact, not having to run through the streets. Game balance is of course a question, and so is troop positioning, but it's difficult to say without having "realistic" castles.

The game having quite a number of siege battles, it could have been interesting. Maybe it could have been less taxing to computers around when the game came out.

Any mods with "historical" castles? How about the castles in Kingdoms? I haven't tried that extension.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. But there are loads of those in Total War anyway, call this recycling!