Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

Damn, that is really nifty.

I have noticed the Romans seem to be weaker, but thats a very good thing in my book. They used to quickly overrun everyone in Europe, especially taking most of Gaul and Central Europe way too soon. A combo of the rebel armies north of the alps/Boii and other factions actually being able to fight them makes it more interesting.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

i need help i dont know where to go to ask this question. when i try to cheat lol i tyope in the code then the unit name for example "Create_unit Arpi Principes 5 2 2 2 2" it says thatt the unit is not rexongized. if you know the units id for the romani can you plz tell me. or if you have a notehr thread that can help me cause its too slow for me to wait a season and my campagin map is dam laggy\
    thnx

I suggest you try the main fora and the bugs/support fora. If I may ask why of all threads did you choose this one, plainy a thread without any relevance to your query?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gester24 View Post
    i need help i dont know where to go to ask this question. when i try to cheat lol i tyope in the code then the unit name for example "Create_unit Arpi Principes 5 2 2 2 2" it says thatt the unit is not rexongized. if you know the units id for the romani can you plz tell me. or if you have a notehr thread that can help me cause its too slow for me to wait a season and my campagin map is dam laggy\
    thnx
    create_unit Arpi "roman_infantry_principes" 5 2 2 2

not sure about the EDU name though
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quite some time has passed since my last screenshot at 224 BC, so here's how the things look like in 205 BC.

I've conquered Iberia and the Lusitanians are gone.

Casse did exactly nothing for those 20 years.
    Arverni which I thought should be extinct by now, not only defeated Aedui, but seem to be defeating the Sweboz too
    Sweboz left Mediolanum alone for 20 years already and are fighting with Arverni (and seem to be losing).
    Getae - did nothing for 20 years.
    Epirotes - have tried an attack on Epidamnus, which turned out t be unsuccessful. As it is now firmly controlled by Pontos.
    Macedonians are now at war with Pontos and seem to be losing badly. If no one will attack Pontos from the East, the Macs are in for a big trouble.
    Pontos - now control most of Asia Minor and are beating Macedonians and Epirotes.
    Seleucids - unsurprisingly gone.
    Ptolies - control most of the former Seleucid terriories and some more. Now fighting me over Kyrenaika area (lots of Klerouchoi and Klerouchoi Agema are thrown around, but my legions seem to be capable of doing their job).
    Saba - fighting a hopeless war against the Ptolies. Nothing special actually.
    Hayasdan - being killed by Pahlava and Sauromatae.
    Pahlava - fighting Hayasdan.
    Bactrians - finishing off Saka, strange, but no war with Pahlava (not for long I think).
    Saka - slowly losing ground to the Eastern Greeks.

OMG that Pontos is just Crazy, I love it. The Aedui in southern Central Europe is is your doing or rebelino?

Quote Originally Posted by Ower View Post
    OMG that Pontos is just Crazy, I love it. The Aedui in southern Central Europe is is your doing or rebelino?
    That distant Aedui enclave is a rebellion which happened a long time ago.They are constantly keeping 2 full stacks there doing nothing at all. Actually the Sweboz are doing exactly the same with their enclave with only difference that they keep 3 full stacks there, when they desperately need them fighting Arverni. Tbh, I think those enclaves and big armies that the AI is keeping there, far away from any action, are the reason why Aedui are all but extinct and Sweboz are losing ground to the Arverni. AI is not playing smart here.
    Last edited by Marcus Ulpius; 08-02-2008 at 21:39.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Man, the Pahlava in Alexandropolis must be shitting their pants all the time.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Here's my VH/M Pontos game at 257 BC with BI.exe.

Seleucids are being stupid. I wouldn't have expanded as much as I have, but after they first broke our alliance, they sent stack after stack of cheap troops at my main army - my faction leader and some other family members, with a cheap phalanx. So now, all those family members have 3 silver chevrons, and have been fighting off Seleucid stacks for 10 years now. The Seleucids have actually been funding my war against them - every other turn either I offer them a ceasefire/alliance in exchange for some cash, or they come to me offering me money to make an alliance (!). Which they break the next turn.

Also, Rome has taken their Faction Leader and a medium sized army on a boat over to Alalia, and are currently besieging it. KH is filling Rhodes with stacks.

Hopefully things will get a bit more interesting as it goes on.
    Last edited by Chris_; 08-03-2008 at 01:13. Reason: Date was 10 years later than it should have been

2 things

Epirus and Lusotana vs Rome and Carthage and Rome is getting beat by the 2 of them and Carthage can't do anything to the Spaniards

In Greece, Epirus didn't attack pella and Makedon didn't capitalize on that even though they took Athens but troops from Sparta slowly took makedon's territories and Pontus took the ones in asia minor but both factions didn't capture mytilene and Chalkis and see what happened lol
    Last edited by panosha; 08-03-2008 at 00:38.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Holy shit, that is one bi... wait a minute. You´re playing as Baktria right? Damn. Please, always inform us of which faction you are playing as.
    And what´s up with the Seleukids in Dayuan? Surely you cannot leave them there behind your border like that.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    Holy shit, that is one bi... wait a minute. You´re playing as Baktria right? Damn. Please, always inform us of which faction you are playing as.
    And what´s up with the Seleukids in Dayuan? Surely you cannot leave them there behind your border like that.
    Yes he can, the province keeps the Saka busy for decades, I did it in my Pahlavan game too. It keeps your back secure and leaves you with a single frontline . Very efficient until the Saka take it and become angry at you.
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    create_unit Arpi "roman_infantry_principes" 5 2 2 2

not sure about the EDU name though
    Without the "_" underscores, though.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

From the Pontos campaign earlier, just finished off Hayasdan, its currently ~249BC. Spoilered because its a bit wide.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sweboz 250BC.

Not anything tooo insteresting so far.

Looks like KH got control of Southern Greece and Epeiros the North, KH and Epeiros are allied.

Rome seems to have moved West.

Also that army spawning directly east of my north-easternest province annoys the hell out of me, but I supose its for the best so I don't end up fighting bloody horse archers. ( I did get a pretty epic fight out of that stack though. )

There has been some pretty cool progression here.

Aedui: The Aedui have gained the upper hand over the Arverni and have controlled the greater part of Gaul

Arverni: Dying.

Arche Seleukeia: Well, they have been losing ground to the Ptolemaioi and the Pahlava, but they are fighting back against the Pahlava and it's pretty much a stalemate now, but the AS looks like it could reclaim Persepolis and the rest of the Pahlavan domininions. They are ignoring the Ptolemaioi mostly, but this could change since the latter have taken Karthathiokerta.

Baktria: Fighting Saka steppe nomads.

Casse: Nothing unusual here, move along.

Epeiros: Yep, that's me. I kicked Makedonia and the KH out of mainland Greece and have kicked the Romans out of Italia. More info on that later.

Hayasdan: These guys have been progressing pretty good. Even though they have gone into the steppes, it hasn't been drastical and they had at one point conquered Pantikapaion, which they then lost to rebellion.

Koinon Hellenon: Ah yes, these guys are the modern-day Euxeine Alliance (with Rhodos as well), which got Trapezous and Pantikapaion after the Seleukidai (hah!) and Hay lost them to rebellion. They have proven to be pretty fierce still. They at one point managed to take Sinope and were laying siege to Amaseia when the Pontikoi struck back.

Lusotannan: Nothing really unusual going on here. They were laying siege to Emporion at one point though.

Makedonia: When I kicked them out of Hellas, they started amassing their forces in Mytilene, after which they conquered Pergamon, and thus they are now Pergamon. They have looked at Byzantion for some time, but so far neither Pontos nor Pergamon has managed to take the city.

Pahlava: Twenty years ago, they had cut a purple swathe (rain..?) through the Seleucid lands up to the ancient city of Persepolis. It all went wrong when their main force got defeated whilst besieging Susa. This was a crucial turning point it turned out, and they have lost the cities of Hekatompylos, Gabai, and Zadrakata. They are not dead yet and could get back, though much of it depends whether the Seleukidai strike at them or the Ptolemaioi.

Ptolemaioi: For about 30 years there was a stalemate in the Levant. The AS had managed to take Kilikia [Tarsos] while the Ptolemaioi had taken Syria Koile [Damaskos]. A few years back this changed when the AS focused on the Pahlavan threat and started to send its armies there. Ever since, they have been losing ground to the Ptolemaioi in the west. Perhaps this will nudge the Pergamese and Pontikes to finally come out of their shell and claim some part of Mikra Asia.

Pontos: You can't see it in this pic, BUT they have taken (and lost and taken) Nikaia. After losing Sinope to the Euxeines, they have struck back and retaken it. We will see how everything goes now.

Romani: Well, I fought a lot of wars against these guys, and as soon as I removed all traces from them from Italia, they were reduced to Massalia, and so they shall be known. In my game, they are known as Phileromaion Massalia, but I'm unsure whether this is correct Greek, so if you know the proper spelling, please tell me. Anyways, they've managed to take Tolosa and have left me so far, so I'll just see what will happen.

Saba: Well, the Ptolemaioi failed at holding Bostra and Palmyra and they have both rebelled to the Saba, so maybe there will be some interesting stuff here. To represent the alliance between the Nabatu and Saba, they are now known as The Arabian Alliance.
    Saka-Rauka: Have been fighting Baktria over the last 30 years.

Sauromatae: Fighting a bit with Hay.

Sofat-Softim bi-Qarthadast (or just Carthage): During my campaigns with my new hero Herakleon Atintan, I gave them Capua as a gift. However, as soon as my campaign was done and I had taken Mediolanum, they decided it would be a great time to betray me and siege Rhegion. Especially the fact that I had disbanded my elite Elephant corps (3 silver chevrons, gah) helped them, methinks. Anyways, with a quick army assembled at Syrakousai I defeated them and subsequently sent a Syrakousan army to take Lilibeo, which succeeded. I then sailed my hero to Sardinia and took that as well. Still, we need to see what I prefer to do now.

Sweboz: Blaegh. Nothing very interesting. Just have been trying to conquer cities close by.
    Last edited by Hax; 08-10-2008 at 16:33.
    This space intentionally left blank.

240BC

235BC

From my Arverni campaign.
    SPQR just decided to attack three of my cities at the same time. I guess it's time to sack Rome and take the rest of Italy in the process of doing so.

I'm worried that the Sweboz will take the last two settlements seperating us and will stab me in the back.

The Luso were kind enough to leave that neutral terrain at our border untouched for the last 15 years.

The Seleucids were blitzing across the map, taking everything from Byzantium to Sinai to the Aral Sea to the Indus.
    But Pahlava, Baktria and now finally the Ptolies too are fighting back. I may help Pontos a bit, because they are down to their last settlement.

Epeiros had a good start taking Pella, but then got beaten badly by Macedon and came to a halt. They only took Thermon aprt from that.

The Getai are surprising me! And they are about to take some more settlements everywhere along their borders.

The Saka have almost no armies and Baktria is marching a full stack into their territory.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Aedui: Hasn't changed that much in 10 years. Tried some half-hearted attempts to take Burdigala.

Arverni: Still dying.

Arche Seleukeia: Steadily losing ground to the Yellow D -- Ptolemaic Empire.

Baktria: Conquered Taksashila, lost Marakanda. Still fighting them Sakae.

Casse: Have almost united the British Isles. Perhaps when they spawn they can take the attention from the Aedui off the Arverni, allowing the latter to re-establish itself again.

Epeiros: Best faction ever. Duh. I created a landbridge between Italia and Hellas by taking Patavium, Dalminion and Segestica.

Hayasdan: A bit sleepy, it would seem. Still trying to take Mtskheta with two or three units each turn, heh.

Koinon Hellenon:At some point, they went to take Kotaïs, but they have lost Trapezous. Their alliance spreads over Rhodos, Byzantion, Pantikapaion and Kotaïs.

Getai: Nice, steady expansion. Even though they lost Kallatis, they managed to take all of Thrace (Serdike and Tylis). They might attack me in Pella soon though, I will have to watch my step.

Lusotannan: Uniting Iberia. They might face the combined might of Massalia and Karchedon at some point. We'll see what happens.

Makedonia/Pergamon: Sieging Ipsos.

Pahlava: They still have managed to hang on to those three enclaves in Persia, and are sieging Hekatompylos. Perhaps the tables will turn?

Ptolemaioi: *runs away screaming*

Pontos: Conquered Trapezous, lost Nikaia and Byzantion to rebellion. Fail.

Romani/Massalia: Conquered Burdigala and are looking to Iberia now.

Saba: Well, they are still busy with the tribes in Southern Arabia. Let's hope they can pose a serious threat to Ye Olde Yellowe Death.

Saka: Fighting Baktria.

Sofat Softim bi-Qarthadast: Waging a naval war with me. They are no match for my tetrereis though.

Sweboz: These guys refuse to do anything. To busy with their blonde German ladies, methinks.

Pontus 238 BC.

On my front..

I'm at peace with EVERYONE, Except the Rebels of course. Its a bit boring but eh, I was at war with the Seleukids but they just signed a ceasefire.

On the AI front,

Antiochus (I think) is a wasteland, 90% of the time its sieged and switches hands alot.

Other details really can be figured out by looking at the map.
    Last edited by Rilder; 08-14-2008 at 02:26.

Double post but since people don't seem to be posting I have an update for my pontos game.

Pontos 215BC

Iberia: Lusotannon seems to have ousted Carthage and is now warring with the Averni

Gaul: Not much Change, Casse making 3/4 Stack attacks on Sweboz sometimes. Sweboz seems to have made a bit of an advance into gaul.

Italia: Pretty Stagnant, Taras taken recently.

Greece: OH GODS MAKEDONS RUN AWAYYYYYYYY
    Getai also doing quite well for themselves

Sarmatia: Heading West.

Asia Minor(aka pontos update) Peace Still Reigns, on the Western front Pergamon and Byzantion were conquered due to Rp reasons. On the Eastern front all province gains except for Karkathiokerta have been Bought (not bribed) from the Ptolmies and nobody has war decced me yet.

Other then that the map can tell you.

Holy hell man. That's one comeback from the Makedonian side.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok.. if you guess what faction I am then I'll give you a balloon

Autumn 266BC
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 08-17-2008 at 18:23.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Well definately not the romans, I hope!
    Carthage or saba?
    Last edited by Moros; 08-17-2008 at 18:51.

Blog Entries

No.. I'm not Carthage and I'm not Saba

But you were close

Makedonia?

Blog Entries

I wish .. I never managed to expand that fast with Makedonia..

Let's just say.. I am awfully alone in my little island

Wielder of a pointy-thing Member Olimpian's Avatar

Casse?

Blog Entries

No.. not Casse.. they are too much in north

Another hint.. I'm located little bit west from the Italian peninsula

KH I presume?

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast