Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1508

Thread: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Qvintvs View Post
    I am sorry, but i couldn`t find other place where to post this, so i post it there. The only part in the "Sotaroas" word which i pay attention to is the "sot" part.
    Were you drunk when you posted this?
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

I had an account here eons ago, but it got dead. So, apparently, this is my first post: 72 years of a Saba campaign.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Taking it nice and steady, I see.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Heh, the Romans got owned...

Sweboz H/M
    No FD
    No cheats

Then what`s up with Yellow Death and Baktria?

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I'd say more whats up with Macedon being all the way north in the slavic territories
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Mak had like 10 full stacks trying to take Sparte from KH and when they finally did they blitzed Sara. Getai is Mak's protectorte. Yellow death was doing good until they met Baktria now they are fighting a two front war with Mak and Baktria.

Baktria 140 BC

Guess who's the strongest Faction...

(>^_^;)> move it! Member Hotseat_User's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    Baktria 140 BC

Guess who's the strongest Faction...

Well, it's definetly not the KH nor the Aedui. But my bet is for those Lusos because they hold the Iberian and the Appeninian. But - oh well - it could be everybody.
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

Getai.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Getai? What Getai ^^
    No, it's the Lusos

It's interesting that when you play an eastern faction - Parthia, Baktria, Saka, the Seleucids ALWAYS do great in that campaign. Even if the Ptolies became the yellow death, the AS still holds their own and conquers at the expanse of other nation...

At least that's my experience
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88 View Post
    It's interesting that when you play an eastern faction - Parthia, Baktria, Saka, the Seleucids ALWAYS do great in that campaign. Even if the Ptolies became the yellow death, the AS still holds their own and conquers at the expanse of other nation...

Factions you are at war with are always doing better then factions which are on the other end of the map. And factions you are allied to are the worst in the campaign. I stoped allying to faction which I want to see alive during the game, otherwise they will be conquered quickly :D.
    In my current Pontos campaign I am at war with the seleucids, but I am focusing on the area around the black see, so I just conquered the seleucid areas in anatolia. Despite sending army after army at Mazaka, The seleucids are pushing the ptolies back to egypt and the parthians have only 2 cities left.
    Last edited by Jerat; 07-19-2010 at 22:31.

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88 View Post

Yes, you're right, my experience too.

Guess Who's Who?!? [By the time of 240BC]

edit. damn white borders.
    Last edited by Hotseat_User; 07-22-2010 at 17:18.
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

Sweboz?
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

You are Parthia I think. Maybe you are one of the western greeks but I can't make out anything there...

EDIT:
    Wait, I changed my mind. You are Epeiros. (if I'm correct and the green thing in macedon is the same green as in pergamon)
    Last edited by Rahl; 07-22-2010 at 19:01.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Gotta be Sweboz though I agree its odd to see Pahlava attack Baktria instead of AS. I think that greenish blue color in Pergamum and Macedon is Makedonia. Thats pretty typical expansion for a black wave.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

nah. Rahl is right, I'm Epiros. I was pretty stunned by the AI expansion, was just toy'ing around with the SPQA (Arretium) to train my young FM's and recognized this monster that will be called Sweboz. I think i have to secure at least AM to counter them off in the Alps.
    H_U

Saba campaign, 243 BC:

Casse are doing the usual, slowly taking over Britain. Nothing special there.
    Sweboz are moving west, and are now finally in touch with some other factions.
    Aedui are close to destroying the Arverni and have been fighting against Rome since the beginning and doing pretty well.
    Rome hasn't taken Mediolanum yet. Segesta has apparently rebelled.
    Lusos are running around in Spain taking the odd town. At some point they'll probably explode and take over everything.
    Carthage have finally woken up and are trying to take Sicily.
    Getail aren't doing anything special.
    Epeiros are doing really well, and have taken everything above Thermon.
    KH are still alive which is good in and of itself. They are currently besieging Chalkis and Rhodos, so hopefully they will last for some time yet.
    Maks are quite small, but a have a good number of full stacks standing around. Battling mainly with KH.
    Sauros have managed to divide Hayasdan who made early gains in the north.
    Hayasdan took a lot of land to the north before losing it again. They've somehow managed to lose their capital to rebellion and seem to have no interest in getting it back.
    Ptolemies are sending small forces to attack me and are battling against AS.
    AS are doing well, they've managed to hold off most of their enemies and also make some ground against Pahlava, which usually doesn't happen.
    Pahlava made some early gains against AS, but are on the defensive now. Hopefully AS will wipe them out so I never have to fight them.
    Baktria only have one province and have been sending attacks against Saka for some time now, none of which have been successful.
    Saka are being Saka.

I've mainly been building up my cities and have just started moving towards Patala. Took, looted and abandoned Pura on the way since my troops got dropped off early (pirate fleet attacked). Not bothering with Gerrha yet since it just means that the AS will start sending stacks down to me. This will be annoying for me and will probably let the other factions defeat the AS. Palmyra keeps revolting to me.

It could go any way the minute. Personally I want AS to defeat the Pahlava and the Ptolemies, then get picked apart by everyone else. Basically I just don't want to be fending off streams of full stacks of elite phalanxes/cataphracts.

Guess who I am.

The Parthians.

Nope.

then the you must be Casse how else would they withstand the red jugernout which you could not posibly be

How could you possibly think I'm the Romans?
    Last edited by Ferdiad; 08-13-2010 at 22:28.

255 BC
    I'm playing as Hayasdan and I'm roleplaying the Kingdom as a hermit kingdom until atleast 200 BC, though I may push into the Levant if I'm forced.
    I had just attained the King of Kings event, Ptolemys declared war on everyone and the AS threw all their eggs in one basket and lost horribly in Syria, they literally have no significant armies anymore.

250 BC
    The AS are pretty much a hollow power now, the Ptolemys are besieging Babylon and vassalized the Saba. They also keep throwing stacks of elites at Karkatheriokerta, and I have a fullstack there with stone walls, but I get massive casualties with each fight and my population is being drained horribly, and my the Ptolemys show no signs of stopping(and yes...I have been using force diplomacy on them but nothing is happening) Pontos is my ally and they took full advantage of the power vacuum in Asia Minor and are besieging Naiosos and Ankyra with large armies are are fighting the ptolemys in the south too, which for some reason seem to ignore them and beeline to my city in the area, thus losing many battles to Pontos.

I've never seen the Sauromatae expand like that, and so fast, they're at war with the Getai and the Parthians.

245 BC
    I force diplomacied Antioch and Edessa back to AS after destroying the factional barracks in both, because I'm getting really annoyed with facing full stacks of elites every 3rd turn. AS recruited a few armies from Seleukia and are doing the same thing the Ptolemy's did to Karkathiokerta with Palmyra, except a lot more crappily.
    I'm slowly recruiting a decent army(Persian Hoplites, Armenian Infantry, Kinsmen) from Palmyra, so I might actually decide to go on the offensive and capture Syria and mesopotamia soon.
    Last edited by Olaf The Great; 08-18-2010 at 21:00.
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Heres my latest from my new Roman campaign (started a new one to impliment some mods into my campaign). Set it to Very High Diffculty in campaign setting due to the ease of victory from my last roman campaign. In the middle of my Second Punic War with Carthage.

This faction progression suprised me quiet a bit.

As you can see Pahlava has forced both Saka and Baktria to become its protectorates. Though while that is interesting what i found more interesting was Koinon forcing Eperius into becoming its protectorate and the fact Pontis has been blitzing AS like crazy to the point it has reached to the very doorsteps of Seleukeia itself. Koin has been annoyingly powerful this campaign though has had a wandering army in Italy that doesnt know how to leave (small one fm in it so i cant even bribe it away) and attacked Taras a decade or so back.

when Pahlava forced Baktria into a protectorate it forced a ceasefire between it and the AS I had hoped earilier that it would give it breathing room for the AS to retake Antioch from the Ptolemaios but all it did was delay Pahlava for a few years with Baktria rather siding with their new protectors than their old allies the AS.

The Romans become the worlds largest faction after the tremedous losses the AS has had in this campaign it held up rather well for awhile at the begining taking Ptolemaios territories near antioch and retaking some territories from the Pahlava but it got utterly wrecked from the Pontis explosion i've been seeing this campaign.
    Last edited by Marcus Darkstar; 08-20-2010 at 17:38. Reason: spelling

That's an incredibly good Pontos AI you have there.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    That's an incredibly good Pontos AI you have there.
    Ya I know right?

So far im hoping Pontos and the Ptolemaios will have a war soon due to the Pontos consumption of Syrian territories. Hopefully Pahvala will consume more of Persia and keep the Pontos's ambitions in check.

Though franklly if they keep going the way they are im gonna enjoy the Mithridates War well have when i finnaly head eastward (probably in a century or so) I dont normally find myself able to contend against a strong Pontus in the east.
    Last edited by Marcus Darkstar; 08-21-2010 at 00:15.

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast