Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writing a letter to the Principle

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Writing a letter to the Principle

One of my friend got expelled from the school I go to for attempting to steal the test but the she got caught.

Shes a person who would never do something like that. Shes normally a very hard working person and I have no idea why she decided to cheat. She says she made a serious mistake and she would never do it again. Its her last year in high school and term 1 is already finished. It would be hell for her if she have to go to other school and only having 3 terms to adjust. Plus shes a boarder so thats extra hard.

So I decided to write a letter to the principle saying if they can at least suspend them for a week or two instead of expell. But im not sure if I can convince them or not.

Can I have some advice about what I can do/write? That would be really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Re: Writing a letter to the Principle

Be polite. And dont explain that you want the suspension, you want a "reconsideration".

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Offer ...favours.
    Last edited by Craterus; 04-08-2008 at 04:00.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Assuming this is High School or your local equivilent; in my experience if you send such a letter you're simply inviting trouble for yourself. I was that guy at my school, constantly rubbing the teachers and administration's faces in the fact that they were grossly unfair. It was entertaining, but pointless. They threatened to 'hold my diploma' in the end and I threatened to humiliate them by publishing a few choice bits of particularly pathetic information in some local papers. We settled on inactive mutual animosity and I moved on and found more important things to do with my free time.

I advise your friend to do the same. Yes, it will be hard on her, but spending her last year fighting a batch of fools locked onto a particular course won't be any easier than just going on and getting started with her second chance.

Good luck.

Blog Entries

Thanks for quick replies.

The person im talking about attends to grade 12 of the highschool. She went asking quite a lot of peoples to write a letter for her and most peoples seems to be sympathetic to her. Im no good at fighting head on argueing especially with high authorities. And threatening them in definitely not my intention. Hopefully using the number of reconcidaration letter will lighten her penalty a bit.

Our school has forgiven other girl who got expelled earlier and she was expelled for violent action. Considering its the first time that my friend got anything higher then a warning I hope that our letters help.

Sorry man, I don't really feel bad for you friend.

Kids would steal exams in high school and the entire class would have to pay for it because the instructor would get pissed and write a new, harder exam.

I'd always like to meet one of those kids and punch them in the face.

Anyway, getting expelled senior year really would suck, so I guess I'll hope for the best for your friend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ice

Anyway, getting expelled senior year really would suck, so I guess I'll hope for the best for your friend.
    I would too.. Doing well in exam with out studying is just not fair for those who work their asses off to get a good mark. But I believe in second chance. And if I was in her position doing all the suicidal badass subjects I wouldnt be so confident to say I would never cheat.

Thanks for the reply

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Cheat, get caught, pay the consequences. Sorry, hard on her as it may be, she showed she was unwilling to work within the system and has been treated accordingly.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Bah! Cheating in high school doesn't grant such a harsh penalty such as being expelled, suspension both in and out of school and insta-fail subject (e.g. calculus) would make more sense... As for the letter, I wouldn't know but still... expulsion is pretty extreme for senior school. It'd make sense maybe in Uni or extended education or something but HS?
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Getting expelled at her last year in high school seems a bit too harsh to me.

But I can't feel sorry for her: break the rules, pay the price
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ice
    If you ever visit Holland drop by to punch me.

I do feel sorry for her. There's loads of people that cheat, most get a way with it. Bad luck.

It'd make sense maybe in Uni or extended education or something but HS?
    Indeed.. at my school they wouldn't have even considered expelling someone for this. They tried to make the punishments as hard as possible without lowering the chances for the people to graduate.

Btw, I doubt a letter from one student can help. Maybe a conversion between the 'cheater' and the principle, perhaps with parents and other teachers around.. I wouldn't know.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

A weird one. Why would anyone get expelled for attempting to cheat? Yes the exam paper should have been forfeited as per the norm, especially in High School. Why are the school using her as an axample, has there been other cases of suspected cheating for the school to crack their whip and sprout iron fists?

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

first of all....cheating in high school isn´t that hard.....shame on your friend for getting caught....incompetence always has it´s price.

now...having said that...expulsion is seriously too steep a price for simply cheating in a high-school test.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok Beefy.

Now you are writing a letter to attempt to get a friend who has been expelled from Campus?

The Story as I know it: The student in question was caught with another female student, breaking into the Teachers Staffroom after school with the objective of stealing the answers for the Math C (Highest strand of math) test the next day. They were caught in the act of said event.

On the previous record of the school, a student was expelled for numerous things, the final was throwing a bible/dictionary (unclear) at another student, hitting them on the head. They were expelled, but after a year and a apparent change in attitude and marks, she was accepted back in. Turns out she hadnt actually changed, but shes not mucking around much.

Based on previous stuff, chances are already quite low IMO.

Next, who are you going to write it to? .Org forbids me from saying names in thread so it will be positions and initials instead.

Head of Schools Mr. R may be a good one, but I dont know if he would actually have anything to do with it

Head of our campus Mr R would probably be a good one

Along with Head of Senior School Mr k... But he is gone and we dont know who is replacing him

Year level Co-Ordinator Mr M would be another good one.

Patrol Care Officer Mr E is another

So IMO write to: Head of Senior School, Mr M and Mr E.

Try to garner support from teachers, if teachers back up your cause, it will have greater effect, look to her form teacher, bording master etc. Her parents should also write.

Keep in mind Beefy, SPLC does not expel students from year 12 lightly, they really do only use it as a last resort. All I had heard was that they were suspended, I heard it from "a pretty cool guy eh, thinks hes black and doesnt afraid of anything"

Any questions, just post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

So it appears it's not just attempting to cheat, but breaking in after hours, so they/her are kinda lucky they not getting a police charge for attempted break-and-entry.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Blog Entries

After school finished, but not night. It was about 4pm, an hour after school finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187
    One of my friend got expelled from the school I go to for attempting to steal the test but the she got caught.

Shes a person who would never do something like that. Shes normally a very hard working person and I have no idea why she decided to cheat. She says she made a serious mistake and she would never do it again. Its her last year in high school and term 1 is already finished. It would be hell for her if she have to go to other school and only having 3 terms to adjust. Plus shes a boarder so thats extra hard.

So I decided to write a letter to the principle saying if they can at least suspend them for a week or two instead of expell. But im not sure if I can convince them or not.

Can I have some advice about what I can do/write? That would be really helpful.
    5 of my friends were expelled from highschool for stealing exams. Most of them were really hard working, I guess too much ambition makes you do things like that. It would be really difficult to save her from expulsion but it is worth a try. I am sorry for I had to go through the same thing. Do something altoghether like the whole class going to the admin. One person would not make a difference but if you guys can unite you will have a shot.
    Cruel and Cunning
    Utterly Insane
    Terribly Scarred

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

one thing I'd like to know... did she tried to steal it for thrill or because she was afraid she'd fail... if it was for thrill I say give her a medal, I like that... the only reason I'd ever steal exams is for thrill... its the only reason I cheat... school is so boring otherwise...

seriously I never got the reason why people are so afraid for exams... im having them now... and in 6 years I havent done less for school than this year and i never did anything for school... and my grades are higher than ever... only drawback is that my arm aches... cuz i never wrote as much as this year...

We do not sow.

I cheated once, almost accidentally I looked at someone else's paper and copied an entry in a completely unimportant english vocabulary test.
    I felt a bit bad getting rated better than I should so I told the teacher and he said it was okay and didn't rate that entry.

Now trying to steal an exam is a little bit more serious, and while expelling her completely for that seems a bit harsh at first, if she went to certain lenths like going into restricted areas (teachers' rooms etc) to get it, well, I can understand the sentence. There are certain laws and restrictions and if you break them you may have to accept the consequences.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Blog Entries

The circumstances was pretty extreme.

The story I heard said that the two students prepared a key to the room which had the tests in it. They opened the door but they got caught. Although this is not confirmed by this girls.

If that story is true then it means that they had clear intention of stealing the exam. So the consequences should be pretty high. As Pever said, first reaction of the school was instant failure of the exam and suspencion. I am not sure why they changed to expell but I can see why.

However unlike the other girl that Pever mentioned (the girl who throw a bible) who was constantly in trouble for violence and other stuff, the girl/ girls who got expelled this time are hard working A standerd students who havnt done anything more then maybe coming late to class.

Being a christian school, apparently our policy is forgiving students if they apologize so ill send it to our year level coordinator and perhaps the principle.

I hope it works.

To TS:They were afraid to fail. I dont understand why people cant just enjoy the test and laugh out loud when they fail and blame them selves for it. However I got a fealing that the persons buddy who also got caught was enjoying it.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Throwing a Bible got someone expelled? That's hilarious, and I thought I went to a redneck school.

Oh, wait, I see above she hit someone with it. That's a little different... but no less hilarious.

Blog Entries

There was a lot more than that, people do tend to ignore everything else for the hilarity factor.

Beefy, even in that story, preparing a key...it was a teachers staffroom. There is no way a teacher would have given them that key, as that isnt allowed. So they forged a key to get into school classrooms. It was planned. I would be worried about who they went to to do it. Perhaps more students are involved.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Well there always is more to any story.

I would personally stay out of it because you don't know what really went on between the girls and any other people involved. If she is a good friend then I would pass on what has been suggested.

Not to be a smart ass but she should write a letter to the Principal about her Principles. If she is a good student then she should accept her punishment stating that senior year expulsion would be undo and harsh punishment.
    However, she accepts responsibility and is suspended for x amount of days, removed from extra school activities for the rest of the year and a self imposed probation till she graduates. One more strike and she is gone. I think if she wrote something along these lines and was sincere she would have a good case.
    It was already mentioned but support from a teacher would benefit her cause.

Blog Entries

I just had a chat with her and she claims that the door was left unlocked. And she didnt have the keys. I think shes lying but there is no evidence that she is so ill believe her.

She said that the reason she was expelled instead of suspencion was because the authority thought that stealing was completely planned. But now that shes claiming its not then perhaps the punishment should be a little lighter.

Being a boarder it is easy to access those area which is out of bounds. Therefore the teachers shouldve locked the door of the office full of exciting test papers.

Seeing as theres been a case where expelled student was allowed back in the school (Although it took her 2 terms) in this case she shouldnt be punished that extremely.

I have asked her to send the letter her self and she did so. But she still reckons that a few additional letter from others would help

Blog Entries

A year Beefy, it was a year.

Blog Entries

was it?

Bad memory silly me

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

What an upstanding member of society she'll make. First attempting to break in, steal, and then lie about it. Keep well out.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

When you wrote the letter, I really hope you spelt it Principal...

But seriously - she just has to pay the consequences, I feel no sympathy.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Blog Entries

I thought I spelt it wrong. This principle is principle as in rule yes?

If she isnt lying about the unlocked door then she didnt do too bad I guess.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

people are made to believe exams are your life... and if you fail them you will become a failure... thats the biggest nonsense in history... they are ruining an entire generation with that bs... generations... nobody lives life anymore... they are just trying to perform... bloody american dream and all... i blame society for her stealing that exam... VIVE LA REVOLUTION!!! and if i misspelled that, blame school for not teaching me properly...

We do not sow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast