Thread: Several bugs

Default Several bugs

All of this was with custom battles with me as the Romans, and the AI as the Arveni (I think that's right), and the battle is at Rome.

1. Where are the actual Roman units? All the units I can use are basically mercenaries, and there are no roman troops.

2. For some odd reason, when I start the battle, the screen started moving forward. I was not pressing up, I was not doing anything to move it. Nothing I could do would stop it, I finally had to exit the game, and will try again to see if it will work.

3. During the above battle (Rome), I noticed a texture error on the ground. The ground where one of the towers were was not there, and was replaced with sky. Just that one spot of ground, everywhere around it was fine.

The Galatian, AtB Member Member Admetos's Avatar

Default Re: Several bugs

Support Asia ton Barbaron, the Eastern Mod for EB, on The Guild and TWC.
    Former barman at the EB Tavern.
    My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by Admetos
    Ah, I read it before, but forgot the very last one. Thank you.

I don't suppose you know what the scrolling was? Actually, I'll just try and see if it happens again.

Edit:

"Q: In custom battles or multiplayer the unit selection is missing units.
    A: All of the regionals cause a problem for the custom battle / multiplayer list. There is a special EDU for custom battles / multiplayer in the "...Rome- Total War\EB\mp custom game edu" folder. Rename your campaign EDU then place the EDU from that folder into the "...Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder. When you want to play a campaign again, switch back to your original EDU."

I don't quite understand that. I go to the EB folder, but I see mp game edu backup, but no mp custom game edu. I also didn't see a campaign EDU.
    Last edited by EasyCo506; 04-09-2008 at 01:12.

1. Install and use the Trivial script.

No idea about the scrolling, could be just some random glitch that got fixed by restarting the game.
    Last edited by bovi; 04-09-2008 at 10:24.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

I have that scrolling thing too, although very rarely. It's got nothing to do with EB, it's a rare RTW issue, it seems. Minimizing the game and going back in (Alt-Tab) usually fixes it.

Ok, I found it in its on folder. But I can't open it.

06:16:00: XMLScriptParser: Couldn't load file: script.xml
    06:16:00: Error Parsing file: script.xml
    06:16:00: Row: 0 Description: Failed to open file

Did you install it, or just find it lying around somewhere? LordBula would have to tell you where you could find the script.xml if you did install it.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I just found it in program files. I didn't install it from here.

Did you install Trivial Script when you where installing EB (there is option to do it and its on by default )?

If so you should have 4 links "EB Configuration" "EB Single Player" "EB Multi Player" "EB Preferences" in Rome TW directory and similary named 4 shortcuts in Start Menu/Europa Barbarorum/

I found the shortcuts, single and multiplayer. I started the multiplayer shortcut, then went to custom battles, chose the Romans, and didn't see any faction troops. It's the same with the others, no faction troops.

Edit: Never mind, I got it. Thanks for all the help. :)
    Last edited by EasyCo506; 04-09-2008 at 21:09.

Ok, love the mod so far (doing custom battles right now), but I just had a problem.

I was the Carthaginians, and was fighting the Macedonians. I was playing at the Temple of Zeus as well. I wanted the Macedonians to be protecting the Temple, so I tried clicking the shield beside them (setting them to defense), and tried to start the battle. It loaded, but then I got a CTD, no report or anything.

Is it because I set the computer to defense when there was no actual settlement?

And if so, how can I change the position to where I am attacking, and they are defending?

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

No, you can set the AI to defend in battles without a settlement, it was most likely just a random CTD.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"