Thread: Hearts of Iron 2 problem

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Default Hearts of Iron 2 problem

I just got this brilliant game, but it does not support widescreen resolutions, which is a bit of a bummer when you've got a 19" monitor with a resolution of 1440x900.

I've trawled through google, and so far all i managed to get was the Pegasus Hexa Wizard, which i can use to put it in a windowed mode, but that is still problematic because i have to use the keyboard to move about, as opposed to just moving my mouse to the edge of the screen.

Are there any definite hacks out there that will make HoI2 run at 1440x900?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Default Re: Hearts of Iron 2 problem

I have a monitor with a very high resolution, certainly capable of 1440x900, widescreen, etc. What is the exact problem you're having? Is something not working, or do you simply want better graphics?

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

The problem is (or was) that Hearts of Iron 2 does not work at any resolution above 1024x768, due to it being locked into that resolution.

As i'm sure you know from being the owner of a 1440x900 monitor, trying to run games on it that are at 1024x768 results in a quarter of the game being offscreen.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now - hours of almost fruitless searching resulted in me finding that HoI2 Armageddon now has the option of putting 'windowed' in the command line parameters so that it runs in a window, which allows me to play it on my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Interesting. I'm allowed to play it covering the full screen in non-windowed mode - probably because my main Windows settings are 1024x768 (on purpose - I like the icon size), and I check the 1440x900 box in-game when available.