Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pregnant Man

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Default The Pregnant Man

This is such BS - why are people calling her a man? Why are they calling her girlfriend a wife?

The only thing that happened is she underwent a breast removal and received hormone shots. She is a woman with no breasts ad more pronounced facial hair.
    She kept her female genital organs.

It's such bunk - we haven't gotten to the point where women can transform into men or vice versa yet, why jump the gun and say things that are untrue?

LINK
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 04-04-2008 at 14:32.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Default Re: The Pregnant Man

Huh?
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore
    Huh?
    April 1st, no doubt.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3681938.stm

It's an absurd Hullaballoo in the States. The media is playing it up, even though it is just an intentionally deformed woman having a baby.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 04-04-2008 at 14:32.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oprah, eh?

Oprah, eh?
    Not just Oprah - everywhere. Our media is a retarded freak show.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

It says in my newspaper that she (he) was on the Oprah Winfrey show yesterday (April 3rd).
    Doubt it is a joke.

Besides she (he) was inseminated with sperm from a sperm bank and hence it is not a hermaphroditic reproduction like we were led to believe.

I don’t know… I am not that open-minded when it comes to sex roles.
    Now… if you cut your breasts away, who shall wet nurse this child? Or do you not do this anymore in this time and age?

Another point: What will all this hormone treatment do to this child?
    Last edited by Sigurd; 04-04-2008 at 14:42.
    Status Emeritus

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Quite obviously not a man, nor ever will be.

Think about, what man in their right mind would want a child? At least women have a bit of elasticity in them, but us...i don't even want to think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd Fafnesbane
    It says in my newspaper that she (he) was on the Oprah Winfrey show yesterday (April 3rd).
    Doubt it is a joke.

Besides she (he) was inseminated with sperm from a sperm bank and hence it is not a hermaphroditic reproduction like we were led to believe.

I don’t know… I am not that open-minded when it comes to sex roles.
    Now… if you cut your breasts away, who shall wet nurse this child? Or do you not do this anymore in this time and age?
    I'm glad to hear you say that. Just because someone can have their breasts removed and inject themselves with a hormone, doesn't mean their sex changes.

I'm not saying that it wont be possible in the future, but right now it is just taking costumes to the next level.

This is an example of "so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    Quite obviously not a man, nor ever will be.

Think about, what man in their right mind would want a child? At least women have a bit of elasticity in them, but us...i don't even want to think about it.
    Rephrase that to: What man would want to give birth to a child? A man wants offspring as much as women.

I believe this is a publicity stunt to get some extra $ ... Why else weren't the woman with breasts the one inseminated? (assuming she can get pregnant).
    I know I will sound like a chauvinist but - I you want to be a man, then act like one. The woman gives birth to children. This is the way we are designed.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 04-04-2008 at 14:51.
    Status Emeritus

Rephrase that to: What man would want to give birth to a child? A man wants offspring as much as women.

I belive this is a publicity stunt to get some extra $ ... Why else were'nt the woman with breasts the one inseminated? (assuming she can get pregnant).
    Phase 1: Remove Breasts

Phase 2: Become Artificially Inseminated

Phase 4: Profit

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuffMcGruff
    I'm glad to hear you say that. Just because someone can have their breasts removed and inject themselves with a hormone, doesn't mean their sex changes.

I'm not saying that it wont be possible in the future, but right now it is just taking costumes to the next level.

This is an example of "so open minded that our brains have fallen out"
    So.... what's your solution then? Forced abortion? Sounds jolly.

What? No - she is a woman having a child. Why would I ever call for a forced abortion? Wouldn't I be one of the last on this forum to call for a forced abortion?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What? No - she is a woman having a child. Why would I ever call for a forced abortion? Wouldn't I be one of the last on this forum to call for a forced abortion?
    So you just have a problem with he/she/it calling himself a man?

Why on earth should we(as in 'society') care about what people call themselves...? Honestly, how can that matter to us?

So you just have a problem with he/she/it calling himself a man?

Why on earth should we(as in 'society') care about what people call themselves...? Honestly, how can that matter to us?
    It flies in the face of sense. She can call herself whatever she'd like, but responsible journalists should try to use a standard; Such as being a man or a woman based on biological function. Even a hermaphrodite could be considered a he/she, but this is clear cut.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 04-04-2008 at 15:09.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It flies in the face of sense. She can call herself whatever she'd like, but responsible journalists should try to use a standard; Such as being a man or a woman based on biological function. Even a hermaphrodite could be considered a he/she, but this is clear cut.
    So what? What's the big deal?

It isn't exactly a sign of the coming apocalypse, you know...

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Judith: Here! I've got an idea: Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb - which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans' - but that he can have the *right* to have babies.
    Francis: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother... sister, sorry.
    Reg: What's the *point*?
    Francis: What?
    Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he can't have babies?
    Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
    Reg: It's symbolic of his struggle against reality.
    First thing that popped into my head when I heard about this...
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

So what? What's the big deal?

It isn't exactly a sign of the coming apocalypse, you know...
    It is a sign that people are missing the boat on verifiable classification. Our reality is less existential than we would like it to be and when communicating with a national audience you should err on the side of scientifically verifiable fact.

Especially when it is glaringly obvious.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 04-04-2008 at 15:19.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

It is a sign that people are missing the boat on verifiable classification. Our reality is less existential than we would like it to be and when communicating with a national audience you should err on the side of scientifically verifiable fact.

no one is questioning that it is obvious that this is a woman we are talking about here....while she has XY cromossomes she´s a woman no matter what she does to her body...

what I think people are questioning is the need to get so riled up about it....the media says a lot of stupid stuff...specially when it comes to fluff pieces like this...so what?
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    no one is questioning that it is obvious that this is a woman we are talking about here....while she has XY cromossomes she´s a woman no matter what she does to her body...

what I think people are questioning is the need to get so riled up about it....the media says a lot of stupid stuff...specially when it comes to fluff pieces like this...so what?
    I guess Tuff is just calling the bluff the media put out.

I heard this on the radio while driving to work. I was led to believe that this was the first male in history to give birth to a child. I was like: WTF!?
    Then they proceeded to go into details... now it is a hermaphroditic reproduction. This man-woman are pregnant with his own child, Implying that using his own sperm and her own uterus he-she conceived and is carrying a child.
    I was like: WTF!!!!!?
    Then at the end of the day he-she is really only a she that have operated her breast and has undergone testosterone treatment to receive facial hair. She used a sperm donor and inserminated her fully functional female reproductive organs with child-giving life...
    I was like ... Damn reporters for making sensation out of nothing.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 04-04-2008 at 16:09.
    Status Emeritus

I heard this on the radio while driving to work. I was led to believe that this was the first male in history to give birth to a child. I was like: WTF!?
    Then they proceeded to go into details... now it is a hermaphroditic reproduction. This man-woman are pregnant with his own child, Implying that using his own sperm and her own uterus he-she conceived and is carrying a child.
    Then at the end of the day he-she is really only a she that have operated her breast and has undergone testosterone treatment to receive facial hair. She used a sperm donor and inserminated her fully functional female reproductive organs with child-giving life...
    Right - This isn't earth shattering, but it seems to be an attempt to mislead the American public by the media. When the media misleads about one thing, it calls other things into question.

I stand by my feeling of irritation with this story. I wouldn't be irritated if it was any of the previous situations that Sigurd had mentioned - but maybe grossed out.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 04-04-2008 at 16:19.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Sick for the sake of it, meh

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

It's sensationalism at its worst. Making a big story out of nothing with a completely false headline.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Classification? They're calling him/her what he/she wants to be called. I fail to see the problem with that.

As for the story itself, it's classical gossip nonsense, in line with the celebrity stuff. It's been a long time since news were respectable, but hey, this stuff sells papers, so in a free market world, that's got to be good...

Classification? They're calling him/her what he/she wants to be called. I fail to see the problem with that.

As for the story itself, it's classical gossip nonsense, in line with the celebrity stuff. It's been a long time since news were respectable, but hey, this stuff sells papers, so in a free market world, that's got to be good...
    What if I got gum implants and painted myself black? The media could start calling me an African American because I wanted them to?
    Would that be accurate? Or would it be silly and misleading, bordering on deceitful?

How about if a fat man has boob like things on his chest. what if he was walking around dressed like a guy and thought of himself as a woman in a mans body. Could he go into a ladies room? Would it be sensible to address him as a her?

Freaking retarded.
    Why did she even have to get her boobs cut off? Couldn't she just say she was a man who happened to have boobs and a vag?
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 04-04-2008 at 17:10.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

The mere amount of attention this topic gets says a thing or two about just how intrested in the uninteresting we are.
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

I don't often land on the same side of an argument as Tuff & Xiahou, but this time I do I wasted 15 seconds of my life* clicking on a link to find what this "pregnant man" story was about... oh, it's just a pregnant woman, plus a load of media hype. Should have known from the Oprah connection really

The implication was that here was something that broke the expected rules of biology, which would have been newsworthy, but it was nothing of the sort.

They're calling him/her what he/she wants to be called. I fail to see the problem with that.
    I see this problem - they are misrepresenting facts by colluding with a self-publicist. Promulgating outright lies for commercial gain. She can call herself a chocolate tea-pot if she likes, but it doesn't make her a chocolate tea-pot and it certainly doesn't make her the "first ever pregnant chocolate tea-pot".

But of course the truth doesn't sell, does it? If the headline was "Lesbian who has undergone some surgery and hormone treatment so she can pretend to be a man is pregnant" then most readers/viewers would just say Meh! and get on with their lives.

* not entirely true, I wasted 15 seconds of time my employer's paying for - so the life bit was already wasted
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

What if I got gum implants and painted myself black? The media could start calling me an African American because I wanted them to?
    Would that be accurate? Or would it be silly and misleading, bordering on deceitful?

How about if a fat man has boob like things on his chest. what if he was walking around dressed like a guy and thought of himself as a woman in a mans body. Could he go into a ladies room? Would it be sensible to address him as a her?
    I don't see the harm in that. If you prefer to be called "the black guy", I'd happily oblige. But going into the ladies room, now that's moving away from meaningless made-up titles and into reality, so that would of course not be okay.

@macsen: blaming the media is useless, the media is controlled by the market, and as such they have to do these stories.

Now where is that nice little red book about state control....

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

agreed. all the media outlets calling her a 'pregant man' and even carrying on as if she were actually a man is such nonsense.

i don't doubt gender identities and whatnot, and so i can understand why she might want to modify her body to be more man-like. and i don't care if she uses the mens room. but she is not a man, never was, never will be. it's just annoying.

btw, her wife or whatever had a hysterectomy.
    now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Meet Vladimir. Male lesbian.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast