Thread: Cannot destroy factions...

Question Cannot destroy factions...

I've been having a very strange bug on my Turkish campaign. After doing some quick expansion, I called a jihad on the city of Milan. While on my way there, I decided to take the Byzantine Empire's last village of Durazzo. The odds were 18:1 in my favor, so I attacked and autoresolved. Right after hitting the "occupy city"button, the game crashed to a black screen. I waited for ten minutes and nothing happened, regardless of all attempts to bring up task manager. I then turned off the computer and tried again, but this time waited out the siege. The same thing happened. So I decided to ignore the bug and used the cheat console to eliminate all the Byzantine armies, then ignored the faction. Shortly after this, I took Ragusa, which is Venice's last city. Same thing happened.

I really have no idea what is going on. It seems I cannot destroy any factions, but of course i have defeated many factions during previous campaigns. Maybe it was because i was on jihad at the time? I really have no idea...

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cannot destroy factions...

I can say that it's not because of jihad but other than that .. I have no idea why this is happening.
    Perhaps a corrupted save file??

I don't think it is that. I actually tried another file and did the same thing for a test and....I couldn't destroy any factions. Personally, I've been thinking about getting a mod that includes bugfixe...maybe the "VanillaMod?" I don't want anything that is too big...

Very strange...
    All I can think of is:
    1. Make a copy of the save file
    2. Uninstall, Reinstall, and/or patch.

:edit:er, i meant patch if needed...
    Last edited by glyphz; 01-04-2009 at 04:24.

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most likely, a corrupted save file.

Try seeing if making that city rebel bypasses the CTD.

I would not reccomend patching. Depending on the patch, save games are most likely not compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled medieval....things seem to be working fine for now. I hope it stays that way.